the shape of our mutual dream

the picture i put with this chapter is a visual aid as to what arrow looks like, to help with picturing him (i'm sorry if it disturbs you but hey, it's a realistic representation. reality is disturbing)

and i kind of want to thank everyone cause i have over 100k reads and that's really crazy and i didn't think it would happen (i thought this was just gonna be a fanfic that doesn't make it too far yanno) but anyways, thank you so much for reading and commenting such lovely things that always make me so happy thank you thank you sooooooooooooo much

i'm back from vacation so i'll be updating again(:(:(:(:

enjoyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

V I T R E O U S - F O U R T E E N

atlas

Arrow and I had just finished changing (from separate rooms of course) into our new - well, old clothes. I hadn't seen him just yet because I was making my way back to the original room we were in.

The hem of the dress had put on was rubbing on my skin as I walked, and it gradually became more and more irritating. Every time I scratched the itch that poked on my thigh it became itchier and I soon gave up on it.

I remembered this dress; it was the only dress I owned now and it was the prettiest dress I had ever owned. It was a casual white dress made of lace. I loved wearing this dress everywhere because it made me feel so lovely.

It wasn't fitted anywhere, it just hung on me and I loved it. I felt like such a weird person in this dress because it made me feel an odd kind of pretty. And I didn't like feeling pretty because I wasn't used to it. I was used to hating myself and criticizing myself and being angry at myself, not thinking I looked okay and feeling like I was floating.

I followed the red arrows - how ironic - on the walls that Naomi had told me to follow in order to get back to the room we were in previously. The trust she had in me that I would actually come back and not run off was comforting.

When I got back, Arrow was seated on the white couch beside the windows with the closed curtains. He was slouched over, staring down at his hands that were on his lap. His dark mop was such a contrast in comparison to all the white everywhere.

He was wearing, from what I could see, a pair of brown lace-up suede boots and a pair of jeans that just seemed way too big on him. Everything seemed too big on him though, I doubt he could fit into anything properly.

His shirt was just a white t-shirt that was again, way too big on him. He looked lost in it.

As I walked into the room, the sound of my bare feet tapping against the linoleum, his head darted up and I came to sit next to him. His gaze followed me as I sat and he didn't blink, his pale eyes staring continually.

"Wow," he said his voice light and airy. His mouth lifted into that crooked smile I had only seen few times and I saw his teeth for once, which were sallow.

I noticed his t-shirt had a big pocket on one side. It looked ten sizes too big for him and as funny as it could have been, it was sad. It was sad to see an underweight 19 year-old boy look like a 6 year-old lost in his dad's oversized hockey jersey.

"Hey kiddos," I heard Naomi's voice as she walked in. She stopped a few feet away from the couch to look at us, her eyes beaming. "You two look stunning."

We both smiled at her. Arrow spoke, "So, where are you going to take us?"

"Where you had said you wanted to go," She said. "Do you remember?"

His lips pressed together and he grinned sheepishly, nodding his head up and down like an excited child. "Mmhm."

"Would you like me to tell Atlas, or do we keep it a surprise?"