Chapter 6 | Positive Message

Start from the beginning

With no extravagant plans, Yumi had enjoyed her vacation at home, composing new tracks and writing lyrics between SoYou's work. And of course, catching up on BTS's vLives and interviews. Aside from the news of Suga's ear injury, she was happy to read that the boys' schedule was light and that they could enjoy the holidays from various captures of them at restaurants and even an aquarium.

A sudden alarm on her phone startled her, making her realize how she had completely lost track of time. The meeting was in a couple of hours so she rushed to shower and headed straight to the office dressed in a black suit and mask beneath a long winter coat. She made sure to pack her notebook, securing it in her bag a bit more than usual. After all, inside was not only her notes but also the now complete lyrics of the ballad song she had previously written for Jimin. Though she struggled a bit with the rap part, in contrast, she decided the song title easily. Exiting her apartment, she softly hummed the melody of 'Only One'.

***

Once afternoon practice ended, Jimin and V returned briefly to the dorm to get dressed. It seemed like after Jimin had collapsed, every member made sure to have at least one person always accompanying him. Even in the recording studio where he stayed to practice composing, J-Hope and Suga alternated to be with him. Though, Suga was always quick to fall asleep during his turn. During free practice as well, V or Jungkook would stay behind. Sometimes, they'd interrupt Jimin's practice with small things like looking at their dance or sharing a funny meme. However his members did it, it was comforting for Jimin though the feeling of being babysitted did bother him in the beginning.

"Hey, playboy. Could you come look at this?" Jimin perked when V called from his room. He was obviously being addressed since no one else was in the dorm right now.

"What's with the nickname, Taehyungie?" He gave his best friend a bored stare when he entered, crossing his arms at the pile of clothes scattered on the floor of the closet. "And what are you doing?"

V grinned widely before pulling Jimin inside and placing a white sweater over him. "Hehe. As expected of me. I know your exact size and just had to buy this in Japan when I saw it. Look. This cute face reminded me of you."

"So this reminds you of me..." Jimin stared at the emoticon printed on the sweater. Its glazed and narrowed eyes seemed to stare back at him. It was a little weird but still a gift from V nonetheless. "Thank you. I'll wear it today."

V lit up from that and helped him put it on. "Good choice, Jiminie. You know this will impress SoYou for sure, you playboy. I mean, first SoYou and now Yumi?"

So that's why he called me that. Had it been from any other person, I would think they're mocking me, but Taehyungie wasn't like that. He's still teasing me but I know he's happy I was making friends.

Jimin smacked his shoulder lightly, making V giggle. "Don't be embarrassing. You just caught us at a bad time. And it's definitely not like that. Let's go, already."

***

Breathing in and out nervously, Jimin entered the conference room following his members who met him and V in the hallway. He had tried his best with these lyrics and he could only hope for the best. Jimin looked around and noticed SoYou wasn't present yet but BigHit's producers along with Bang PD were here. He spoke then. "I've called you guys in early to tell you what SoYou sent. She looked over all of your submissions and seems fond of Namjoonie's, Jimin's, and Taehyung's."