1. laser

it was april in chicago meaning it was finally starting to get hot out again

it was april in chicago meaning it was finally starting to get hot out again. i was really happy about that since everyone knew i loved summer and that meant summer was coming.

right now i was with lip and ian stealing some stuff. we were running away from a bunch of people, it was a good thing that i took track for a few years or i would've been caught.

"when you said you had access to the building, i thought you meant through a door." ian said.

"yeah, me too." i said.

"i may have fudged on that a bit." lip said as the cops chased after us.

we started running down the stairs and ian was behind us.

"get out of the way, get out of the way." ian told people.

"kids, stop! get out of the way, stop it!" the cops shouted still running after us.

lip and i slid the the railing of the stairs and ian was right behind us.

"jesus, whatever happened to fat, donut eating cops? now they're all triathletes." lip said as we made it over to a fence and ian jumped over it.

"catch." lip said throwing a briefcase over to ian and lip jumped over the fence then i was the last to jump over.

"tall prick looks good for another ten miles." ian said as the cops tried to catch up so we kept on running.

"ditch it out at the street, yeah?" lip asked ian.

"wait, wait, wait, maybe they'll give up." ian said climbing on the back of a parked truck.

"what are you doing?" lip asked him.

"lip, we gotta go." i told him.

ian tried climbing up and latter but lip and i just ran into some building. we made it up to a rooftop and went to jump but we saw it was too far down.

"whoa, whoa." ian said.

"right there, hold it!" the cops said running over to us.

"no way west point takes you with a felony conviction." lip told ian as he got on the ledge.

"catch you guys at the courthouse later?" ian asked them.

"yeah." lip and i said as ian made it safely down.

"call mandy, alright?" lip told ian as he threw down the briefcase to him.

"milkoviches gotta have a good bail bondsman." lip said as ian nodded and ran off.

lip and i walked over to the cops and we tried to punch them but they ended up grabbed us and putting us in handcuffs.

"so much for being early to class today?" i told lip.