With that you are teleported outside where the unusually large sun shines down onto the green world around you. The bright coloured houses are few and far between, with long stretches of grass covering most of the ground. Slim dirt pathways weave through the grass, leading to different buildings and into a large friendly looking forest to your left. You can see one or two other players wandering around in the grass and battling some of the wild Pokemon that dwell there.

You take a moment to appreciate the world and its beauty before releasing Mudkip from his confinement in the Pokeball to let him wander beside you. He chirps his name and waddles towards you.

"Hey there" you greet your new companion.

"Mudkip" he replies

"So you wanna go on an adventure?"

"Mudkip"

"You're level five, I'm sure you can handle the beginners in the grass" you say, contemplating your next actions.

"Mudkip"

"Let's level you up" you decide, grinning at the small blue friend.

"Mudkip"

"Mudkip! Use tackle!" You instruct.

"Mudkip!" Your blue companion chirps as he charges towards the red furred vulpix that you had found hiding in the grass. The fox-like creature is knocked back by your slightly smaller creature's attack. It's health bar decreases but it jumps back up and uses the ember attack, sending fire hurtling towards Mudkip. He takes the hit and a slight amount of damage.

"Wow" a bored male's voice interrupts your battle. You turn to see another trainer standing behind you with black hair partially concealed by a custom patterned spotty hat. His golden eyes that match his jumper hold slight amusement in them.

"You do know that vulpix is a fire type right?" He asks in the same bored tone.

"Well obviously!" You point at your slightly burnt Mudkip who is waiting for your next command.

"And you have a water type" he goes on, expecting you to put the pieces together.

"Yeah" you reply, not quite getting it.

"Then why are you using tackle when water gun would be a much more efficient move?"

"Oh" you finally understand. "Like paper scissors rock? Except fire, water, grass?"

The dark haired player rolls his eyes.

"Give or take fifteen Pokemon types" he replies.

You turn back to the battle and take the stranger's advice, commanding Mudkip to use water gun. The attack instantly drains the health of the opposition and rewards you with a small amount of cash and a level up for your Pokemon.

"Thanks, uh, person thing" you say nervously, turning to face the player that had assisted you. Despite your rather large group of friends your confidence around strangers is absolute zero.

If Nami had not 'adopted' you into the group it is likely that your introverted self would have struggled to make any friends during your years at high school.

You glance above the player's head where the name "SurgeonOfDeath" hovers in bright writing. The letter 'e' in death is backwards.

"Edgy" you mutter to yourself.

"Well you looked like you could need some help (U/N)-ya. Or a lot of help" he states with a shrug.

"I think I've got this" you counter, not quite appearing as brave as you had hoped for with your voice slightly more high pitched and shakier than normal.