4. Flashing and Smiles

I meet up with Mackenzie five minutes before practice to set up. We're are having conversations about our day. We check to make sure we both have our bike shorts on right before Hunter comes in. I quickly drop my skirt and smooth it out in an attempt to look casual and stop the heat from rising to mys cheeks. Mackenzie was quick but, unfortunately, my reflex was a second too slow.

"Trying to flash me are we princess?" Oh god. What is happening?

".....Uh.."' I don't have any idea what to say, I look at Mackenzie to see if she can come up with anything, she just shrugs.

"It's a pity you have your shorts on though" He says. Oh. My. God. What on the fridging earth is going on? I am so confused about what's happening. Something tells me he is flirting but I don't even know what my name is right now. I am so baffled, I'm not sure I even know how to walk. I don't even know why this is happening. Mackenzie seems to be talking to someone, it looks like a guy. I can't remember what's happened at all.

I see the rest of the cheerleaders come in and at seems to snap me out of my lost world. I move to stand in front of the group. I see Hunter sitting on the bench and it takes me a second too long to realise what had happened and that he was the boy Mackenzie was talking to. I figure the girls don't know why he is here yet.

"Hey girls, Hunter is going to watch us practice today, and I want you guys to give it your all" You could tell, by the way they were whispering and giggling, that they would of, even if I didn't tell them to. I look at Mackenzie to see her rolling her eyes at the team. She's more mature than the rest of us. I admire her for it. She has a boyfriend and they both love each other. He goes to a college and is a year older than her. I hope they stay together forever. They are perfect for each other.

We get into our starting positions and Hunter presses play. Let's go by Calvin Harris and Ne-yo comes on. We do our routine with lots of lifts, tumbling and smiles.

We finish, and Hunter claps, slowly, as if mockingly. Then he smiles.

"That was sexy girls" He finally comments.

"Get a life" Mackenzie says. "Seriously though, don't you have like a party or some whore to be having sex with before we finish?"

"Nope" Hunter says, with an unreadable expression on his face. Whether it was missing the sex, or loving our dance I don't know.

We keep practicing until 5 o'clock. I say bye to the cheerleaders and leave with Hunter.

"Call me! You know when" Mackenzie yells after me.

"Okay!" I shout without looking back.