Chapter 2 - My hand seems to be attracted to your face...

Start from the beginning

"Hey, hun, let's not tell anyone about this little bug, huh? You know how your father is with germs and such... It's best not to worry him... Right darling? You understand?"

I nodded mutely, unable to break out of my stupor long enough to get my mouth to form the correct response.

"Great! Lovely. Well I'll leave you to it then. I'll have a little nap, I think..." She trailed off and shot a feverish look around her; eyes still wide.

Then, without sparing me a second glade, she forcefully slammed the door shut, causing a small breeze to hit my face.

I wasn't particularly worried; the poor women was probably hitting her menopause early... Or she forgot to take her morning vitamins or something.

And with that reassuring thought, I entered my bedroom and preparing myself for a night of planning; starting with what Nina had assured me would become my new favourite hobby - outfit planning.

The next day, as I walked up to school, I couldn't help but feel slightly nervous. If this went wrong, I would be a complete social outcast for the rest of my school life.

Even more so than I already was. At the moment I was just civilly tolerated on a good day and down-right ignored on a normal one. However if my plan failed... I would be all-out targeted... By the most influential kids in school. And I doubt any of my oh-so-helpful siblings would be jumping at the chance to defend me.

Firstly, however, I feel I should give you a quick overview of the group I'm trying to crash here. The basic set-up is; male top-dog and his two best friends and female top-dog and her two best friends (-ahem- clones -ahem-).

Allow me to introduce male top-dog; Jayden Quinn. He's basically what you would expect in a popular guy, you know, white teeth, great hair, washboard abs, charismatic personality and notorious womaniser. I know; I'm feeling slightly dizzy from the overload of cliches here too. But it doesn't end there.

Queen bitch in town; Sara Banks. And yes, boys and girls, you guessed it. She's a gorgeous girl with the personality of a lemon, après-juicing. She also happens to be the girlfriend of Jayden. Yeah, originality doesn't do well where I come from, hence my current social status.

Jayden's two wingmen are Simon, the quiet, pensive one that thinks things through and CC, class clown (Yes, I realise the coincidence with the initials, and no, that is not what they stand for) and general loveable idiot. The two barbie clones are Trina and Hailey, and since they have no personalities of their own, I have nothing so say about the way they act. Apart from, of course, copying everything their Mistress Sara says and does. Think the Karen and Gretchin to Sara's Regina (A/N SHAME ON YOU IF YOU DIDN'T GET THAT MEAN GIRLS REFERENCE), except they're both dumb blondes (figuratively; Trina is brunette and Hailey has bright red (dyed) hair).

I'm not entirely sure what's going to actually happen when I get accepted; I guess someone will have to be kicked out. Societies like mine are all about symmetry, three boys and four girls would probably start World War 3.

I swung my new school tote off my shoulder and rummaged inside for my camera. I took an experimental picture to make sure everything was working, and that the flash was off, and then stuffed it into my coat pocket.

I should probably explain.

Now, you see, I first stumbled across Sara cheating two months ago when, ironically enough, I was on my way back from developing some photos in the red room. It hadn't particularly bothered me: why should get involved? They didn't associate with me and I definitely didn't associate with them.

But then the bet happened and, well, safe to say that I realised that I had found my perfect ticket in.

I didn't know who the guy was, and neither did I care, I just needed to prove it wasn't Jayden, which shouldn't be hard considering that he has dark hair while, if I remember correctly, the mystery affair guy had blonde locks.

I mulled over my plan of action as I made my way towards the science supply cupboard. Unsurprisingly, it was closed, as it had been every day I had walked past it, other than that one fateful morning two months ago. They had been careless enough to leave the door ajar, and now at least one of them would be found out as the cheating whore that she is. Hopefully.

Or I could be publicly abused. You know, either one.

I stealthily crept over to the lab next door; if I had got this right then here should be a door connecting to the storeroom at the back of the classroom... And bingo.

And what a stroke of luck that the circular window that allows you to see into it should be exactly the right height for me to look through and position my camera against.

As if my luck couldn't get any better, Sara was facing my window, eyes closed as she made out with Mystery Blonde Guy. I took a few shots, looked at them to make sure you could definitely see who she was, and that the other guy wasn't Jayden, and then I scampered off, feeling like a criminal mastermind who had just pulled off a massive bank job.

Now just for a little job concerning the school's photocopying machine...

I stood, looking out through the once empty hallway, and checked my watch. Five minutes till classes were dismissed for lunch. As if I hadn't felt rebellious enough with my little evil scheme, I had also skipped the whole of the morning's classes. I'm practically a juvenile delinquent - I feel like I should be in a teenage cult film!!

I surveyed my handiwork proudly; clinging to practically every surface possible, and lining the floors, were my beautiful works of art. I pulled one from the wall and looked at it critically. Centred was the clearest of the pictures I had taken this morning; above it in bold read letters was a message, varying between "What has naughty Sara been getting up to?" and "Sara, why didn't you tell us that Jayden had dyed his hair?" and below, just to make sure that I got ALL the credit, "Courtesy of Eve Keheller; making the world a better place, one skank at a time"

I checked my watch one last time, before darting into a cloakroom and pretending to look through my bag.

I snickered evilly as I imagine the impact my little stunt will have. The bell rings and, simultaneously, I stand up from my crouching position as a better idea floats into my head.

I sit down at my usual table in the lunch hall, taking a dainty bite of my ham sandwich. The lunch hall is, for some reason, where all the good fights happen and this was one fight I was definitely not willing to miss.

I could hear a steadily growing chorus of yells and screams and I smirked as one thought flitted into my mind.

If you'll excuse my French, the shit had hit the fan.

----------------------------

This feels long. If this is no longer than usual then I will probably cry.

I'm tired now. Night.

Tired enough that I might not actually wake up again.

Talia xxxx (Zzzz)