Chapter 15

[Narae's POV]

I change out of my loose t-shirt and my jeans when I had finish unpacking and putting my things away. I put on a jean short that reached my mid thighs and a sleeveless shirt. I put on my converse and ran outside without a care to putting on sunscreen. I open the door and immediately I saw Yong Guk holding onto a guy’s wrist. I saw that it was awkward for the guy while Yong Guk studied him. I was so shock and felt really uncomfortable because it was like I was watching something that I should not be seeing at all. I can see that the guy was now, struggling to be freed from his grip which I could do nothing but run over there and try to save him.

“Sorry about this.” I said to the guy while trying to loosen Yong Guk’s hold on his wrist.

I finally got Yong Guk to let go of him and look up to apologize but stop mid way to see that something about this guy really gave me the chills. He turn and left after my awkward stare down with him. It’s just something about him that…….what is it though? Why can’t I remember?

“Are you done staring at him? He is not even all that good looking.” Yong Guk said to me as his baritone voice brought me back to realize that he was still standing behind me.

“Pfff….I was not even checking him out. He just looked familiar.” I said as I turn to him.

“Let me guess, your ex boyfriend who realize that he can do better than “that.” He said the last word while pointing at me.

“No. What about you? Why were you holding uhis hands huh?”

“Just forget it. So what do we do then?” He said, turning to me as if I had the answer, which of course I did.

“Do whatever you want to do. We have this whole day to ourselves except for the night since we will be joining the adults for dinner.”

“Shall we hang out together than since I don’t want to get lost alone.” He said and look at me in a “and I won’t take no as an answer” way.

“Fine, what choice do I have.”

We both quietly walk the boardwalk while other people chitter and chatter all around us. For early in the morning, there is a lot of people awake and half naked already. The weirdest part was not that some people were half naked but there was no awkward silence between me and Yong Guk but rather a peaceful type of silent.  Yong Guk cleared his throat before leaning into my ear.

“Let’s make a bet.” He simply stated loud enough that he did not even need to lean in.

“What kind of bet?” I said turning to him but regretted it once I turn my head. My face was inches away from his face and our nose were barely touching. We both quickly pull away and cleared our throats from the sudden rush of awkwardness that had settled in between us.