Chapter 13

[Narae's POV]

I silently stared at the luggages that sat in the living room and in front of the stairs that led up to the bedrooms. I should be happy that they are back but all I feel was numbness because of all the pain I felt earlier. I walked pass the luggages and sat on the third step of the stairs. I waited there, knowing that they will soon enough come back down. Soon enough I heard their talking and laughter that I missed so much but never actually thought I would ever be able to hear again.

¨Darling, when did you come home?" My mom ask me as she walked past me and grabbed her luggage. I helped her carry the last two and followed her up to their room that has been empty up until now.

¨Just a while ago.¨ I said as I put the luggage at the foot of the bed and helped her and dad with unpacking their things. ¨When did you guys get here?¨

¨Around 7." My father said as he looked up from his computer to think for a moment but continued after a while. ¨So what's new? Any new man in my daughter's heart?¨ My father said while raising one of his eyebrows.

¨Well, hmm........none that I know of." I said giving him my usually sunny smile. ¨How long are guys planning to stay?¨ I ask, trying to change the subject.

¨Maybe until after you graduate?¨ My mom said as she stared at appa to see what he says.

¨Yes until then.¨ Appa said without even looking up from his laptop while amma busied herself with unpacking again.

I slowed down with the unpacking and stared at my parents. I was glad to have them back but why do I feel like they are in a totally different world ever since that day where oppa left us?

Maybe it is just me but I just can't help feeling like they are somewhere far away and out of reach.

¨Did you hear about what happen to Mrs. Kim?¨ Amma ask me with no emotion in her voice, as if she was a robot. I looked down at my feet for a bit but a bit too long since both of their gaze finally stop from what they were looking at and now their stares were on me.

¨I heard.¨ I said as I felt the pain returning and the tears. I quickly wiped it away and turn to face them. I gave them a 90 degree bow and excuse myself from their room. I walk down the hallway to my room. I turned on the light, locked the door and got ready for a cold shower.

After my shower, I put on my PJ and laid on my bed. I stayed like that for a long time and thought about nothing until I somehow fell asleep.

7:20 AM

I woke up to my alarm crying out loudly and the sun shining down on my through the blinds of my window. I sat up and shut the alarm up by smacking it with my right hand. I got up and head toward the bathroom to get clean up.

It took me about 30 minute to brush my teeth, wash my face, fix my hair and put on my outfit for the day. I ran downstairs, expecting my mom to be cooking something delicious for breakfast but then I came down to an empty house. I went into the kitchen and saw a letter on the counter.

¨Your appa and I went out for breakfast with some old high school friends. If you want anything to eat just call us and tell us what you want. ~Amma.¨

I guess I will just get out of the house and walk to the nearest coffee shop to grab something to fill my empty stomach then. I grabbed my bag and stuff it with my wallet and phone. Since I lost my house key, I had to jump the fence.

I climbed the fence and swung my foot to the other side and jumped down smoother than I had expected. I dust my shoulders for being such a professional at jumping off fences. I walk off to the coffee shop that I sometimes stop at on my way home from school. I smiled to people that passed by and said good morning to the old couples that I pass by. I allowed myself to be happy even though her was no longer in this world anymore and I was all alone again, but knowing that she is always here with me in my heart keeps me happy.