Depressed/Drunk Levi x Bartender Reader (Modern Time) ~ Regrets

{[Modern Time]}

"Do I really have to work during the night?"

"You did say that you are practically a night owl, correct?"

"Well...yeah. Besides, I think clubs are more interesting during the night."

"Don't get any cocky ideas, (F/N)."

You laughed with your new manager as the two of you stood at the bar you were soon to take care of. You had taken the job to be a bartender for a rather exciting dance club, which meant that you could probably obtain a lot of interesting stories from the people you would see at the bar.

"Well, other than knowing how to make each drink, that's pretty much it." Your manager patted you on the back. "I'll go ahead and open up the place. Don't have too much fun on your first day."

"I'll try not to." You joked. Your manager let out a chuckle at your little statement before heading to the front and unlocking the door. Once it was unlocked, he retreated to his office in a secluded part of the club.

It started off calm at first, but once enough people started arriving, including those who were always energetic, the entire place started to grow chaotic and wild. You laughed at how some people were dancing, considering the majority that were dancing like complete goofballs didn't even stop by the bar to have any alcohol influence.

Just then, a rather gloomy man sat himself down at the bar. He leaned on the bar and crossed his legs, keeping his gaze aimed down. You smiled gently and headed to where he sat. The man looked as though he hadn't slept in days.

"What can I get you, sir?" You asked. The man finally looked up at you, and you noticed the dark bags under his eyes.

"What's the most alcoholic drink you have?" He asked.

"Well, we have Cocoroco, but that could probably kill. We do have this month's special, Bière de Garde." You told him.

"Just that, then." The man said. You nodded your head and brought him a shot of Bière de Garde. You kept the bottle behind yourself and leaned on the bar.

"So, what brings you here tonight, sir?" You asked. "If you don't mind me asking, anyway."

"I'd...really rather not talk about it." The man groaned as he dipped the full shot into his mouth. He set the glass down and motioned it to you. You filled it up again and set the bottle behind you.

"Can I at least ask why you seem so...depressed?" You asked. "Venting about it can really help, no matter who you talk to."

The man sighed and raked his fingers through his hair. "I...was just dumped by my girlfriend of three years. I came here to drink until I forget or die of too much alcohol in the blood system."

Your regular smile turned into a look of concern. "Now don't say such things. Just because a relationship's over, doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Believe me, I've gone through more people than I care to recall, and even though I'm sad every time, whether or not I'm the one being dumped, I just remember that I'll get over it. Don't forget that your life is still meaningful, even if someone who meant a lot to you is gone. You'll find "the one" sooner or later, I promise."

The man sighed again and took the shot. He hesitated but looked up at you again. "What's your name?" He asked.

"(F/N)." You began to smile again. "And your's?"

"Rivaille." He said. "Or Levi. I take either one."

"It's nice to meet you, Levi." You smiled. Levi motioned the glass to you again and you poured him another shot.