25.

"Jazzy, why aren't you eating?" He looked at me with puppy eyes. My heart swells. It gets me every time. Both the puppy eyes and him calling me Jazzy.

I shift my gaze down at my food, and back up to him. My shoulders bounce.

"Oh come on, don't shrug. What's going on?" he leans back in his side of the booth.

"Why aren't you at school?" I bluntly ask.

"w-wha-"

"Ethan, you haven't been in school for four months. What happened? You didn't get kicked out, did you?"

He sighs and rubs his eyes.

"No, I didn't get kicked out." he mumbles.

"Then what happened? I'm really worried."

"Honestly? I don't really know. I kinda-sorta-maybe dropped out.." He looks down and plays with his fries.

"Why though? College has always been so important to you and-"

"and it still is Jasmine. But that's the thing. You're more important to me. I couldn't stay away from you, I had to come back."

is he about to cry?

"baby stop. It's okay. Come on" I grab his hand and pull him outside and into the car. He refuses to go into the passenger seat, "No, the gentleman always drive"

"Ethan that's extremely sweet but let me drive, you're a mess." I kiss his cheek and walk over to the drivers side.

"Okay, we're back at your house." I grab his hand and he looks up out the window and then to me.

"I'm sorry baby." his head falls back agains the head-rest.

"You don't have to be sorry" a slight chuckle comes out, making me look away. I don't like the way I look when I laugh, so it's a habit to turn my head.

He presses his index finger onto the opposite side of my chin, causing my head to turn back to him. He looks at me for a second. I see him looking at my lips.

How does this boy still make me blush.

I lean over and kiss him a couple times. Then I turn around to put my sunglasses in my purse before stepping out of the car.

"Alright let's go ahea-" once I shift my body to look at ethan, I see he isn't there.

And the car door is wide open.