Chapter 5

Definitely recommend listen to the music I've added to the top (Eminem's Lose Yourself). It fits in really well with this chapter.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^

We'd gotten the call a few hours ago. Our private jet to Nigeria was to leave in 2 hours time, and I'd just finished loading the last bag into the boot of the car before sitting in the drivers seat. I drummed my fingers against the steering wheel, waiting patiently.

The passenger door opened and closed.

"Ready?", I asked Erik, checking all the mirrors and my surroundings for anything suspicious. Finding nothing, I looked at Erik to see him nod, and with that I put my foot on the gas and off we were to the airport.

You might be wondering why were we leaving for the airport when our flight was in 2 hours.

Well, wonder no longer.

The moment we left our neighbourhood, I watched as a black SUV emerged from one of the back alleys and began to drive a few cars behind us.

Me and Erik shared a look before he put his hand on the gun on his waist, and I leant forward to turn the radio on. Eminem's Lose Yourself began to play through the speakers, and I turned the volume up.

I looked back through my rear view mirror, watching as the black SUV slowly advanced on us. I didn't do anything drastic, knowing their intention was to only follow us and not be spotted. I put on my sunglasses and relaxed myself in my seat.

"Any ideas who it is?", I asked Erik.

"Can't be the government. They're not smart enough", he said, ruling out one party.

"Can't be HYDRA. They would've attacked by now", he said, now holding the gun in his hands.

"Can't be anyone foreign neither. Plates are US registered."

"So it's S.H.I.E.L.D" I said, Erik's silence confirming my suspicions.

"Who the fuck tipped them off?", I mumbled, taking a right at the traffic lights. I glanced at the mirror, seeing the SUV do the same.

Hold on a minute.

I squinted my eyes to try and get a look at the driver again. My eyes widened in surprise.

"It's not S.H.I.E.L.D", I said, quickly leaning under my seat for the shotgun I had hidden.

"What?", Erik almost yelled. "Who is it then?"

"It's them jokers from the car dealers we stole from", I half-laughed. I turned the car onto a quieter road, and the moment I did, the sound of bullets hitting our car was heard.

"You're shitting me!", I yelled, stepping on the gas and swerving the car to the left and down a back alley.

"I'm gonna change", was all I said before throwing myself out of the car and running behind the building to start stripping. I heard the sound of tyres squealing and I knew the SUV had caught up to us. I took off the last of my clothing, sparing the underwear, and closed my eyes to focus on the sound of my heartbeat. I slowed it down, channeling the energy in me towards the change.