Prologue

Well, here is the new and improved version of My Scary Mates!  I hope you guys like this, and at the end it's a little rushed but I wasn't sure how to wrap it up, so that was the result.  I hope you guys enjoy, feel free to comment at anytime, I love reading the comments.  Here you guys go!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Little Michael Thompson was a terror. His mother was killed in a hunting accident shortly after his birth and his father couldn't stand the sight of his son who bore such a resemblance to his deceased mate, so he let his son be raised and trained by the pack and simply went on as if he didn't have a son. But, just because Little Mikey wasn't raised by his father with a mother to spoil him rotten and a father to make sure he got the proper training and discipline doesn't mean he was left starving of affection. Alpha Thompson gave his son up to a widow of the pack because he feared his wolf would one day blame the young pup on the death of their mate, as she was out hunting so she could be properly fed and able to guard her pup in his sleep, as she liked to curl around the babe while he slept in her wolf form to make sure no harm could befall him while her alpha and mate was taking a much needed rest despite him telling her to get to bed. It was then that she was killed by a human hunter who then mounted her on his wall. The alpha was afraid he would end up hurting a part of his beloved departed love, so he gave him to a home where he thought his son would be loved.

     Only Mikey was loved too much, as the widow he was given to was bitter and selfish and cruel because her mate was killed after trying to run off with another she-wolf. So, the widow raised Mikey while grooming him to be the perfect mate who would never leave her. She had it all planned out as well. When Mikey turned fifteen she would take a potion she bought from a dark witch which allowed her to be seen as whatever she liked and she would introduce Mikey to her younger teenage self as a sweet, shy, and, most importantly according to her, hot girl who was enamored with Mikey. Through the time period of a year she would slowly get closer and closer to him. When 'they' were sixteen the widow would 'die' and she would be there to comfort Mikey. Over the next couple years they would grow closer and Mikey would fall in love with her. She wasn't able to find a way to make him think she was his mate, so she decided she would just have to get him so obsessed with her he wouldn't care about his mate.

     The one thing she didn't count into her plan was him being an alpha. It completely slipped her mind until one fateful night when her and Little Mikey had just finished up his special dinner for his ninth birthday. "Mamma," he had begun sweetly, as she was the only parent he had ever know he just knew her as 'mamma'. "Why didn't pa- I mean alpha wish me happy birthday? Is he going to come meet me yet?"

     Sadly the alpha had never introduced himself to his son, to his son's knowledge at least, and Mikey asked this every year. It was also just about the only time he was that nice and sweet, as if he thought him asking politely would give him a desirable answer and, when that doesn't work, he decides that being nice and polite was a waste of time with everything else.

     "No, you know this. I don't know why you persist in asking every year when you know you'll just get the same answer." The widow had her back turned and was washing the dishes while she answered so, when she first heard the slamming around she just assumed he was throwing his customary fit that he always throws when things don't go his way. It wasn't until he stayed in the room for over a minute when he would usually have stormed off and slammed his bedroom door by now that caused her to turn around with a sigh of exasperation, not expecting at all the sight she was met with.

     Little Mikey was not so little anymore, as his body had muscles contorting up and down everywhere while bones shifted. He was barely able to stay on his feet while he was holding his head in his hands as if he was trying to keep it from exploding.