➊ 3: Why, nice to properly meet you, sir...

Start from the beginning

I help him up into a sitting position and rub his back as he gasps in the uncharacteristic dirty air.

"Shane?" Rick asks me, I raise an eyebrow when he continues "Is he in the john?"

I clear my throat and say with a cracked voice "No, he's gone."

He stares at me and I glance down, I'm all dirty, I glance up and his blues are off of me, onto the dead flowers. I lean on the bed and say softly "I had the thought to change them, but that deputy gave them to you before it all happened."

He glances at me and takes a long look before croaking "Shane?"

I blink, shrugging before springing up, yanking the cup from his cart and splashing it into the bucket and pass it to him, the drops making the thin sheet hiding his dignity from me darker.

He gulps it down and wipes bed mouth before glancing at me, asking gruffly "Why are you all dirty? Where's my nurse?"

I sigh and explain slowly "Sir, it's all gone, everyone is dead. My mama was your nurse, I was shadowing her, but- she's gone. They shot her sir."

He stares at me momentarily before standing, falling to his stomach in an instant.

I huff and help him up saying sternly "Sir! You need relax, you just woke up. I need to change your bandages."

He looks at me and nods slowly, speaking as I move quickly, my hands shaking slightly "Whats happened?"

I sigh and shake my head as I speak "I feel it's better to show you but I don't know if you're strong enough yet-"

He audibly gulps and cuts me off "I am, trust me."

I glance up at him before taping his gunshot bandage on his chest and lean back saying firmly "Fine, but you need to listen to what I say and do it when I say it."

He nods and leans up, I hold my hand out and he grasps it, a loud grunt coming from him as he stands. Glancing at his IV.

I nod and shakily take it out. I let it fall as he speaks "I need to find my wife, my son."

I stare at him and inform him gently "I've been all around the town, I haven't seen anyone really."

He sighs and says firmly "I'm finding them."

I sigh and tell him firmly "Fine, I'm grabbing my bags and we are leaving. First your house?"

He nods and I turn, unlocking the door earning a sound form him and jog to the next room, scooping my bags up and meeting the limping man outside his room.

He gives me a look and says in an accusative tone "You locked me in."

I give him a look and click the flashlight on as I lead him down the hall "These things are attracted by everything a human is, our smell, our sounds. If you run out making a ruckus you'll get us both killed."

I glance at him as he makes a grunt, his hand on his stomach as he speaks "And you have to carry a gun? A machete?"

I nod and sigh "Yeah, they don't stop until they are dead, they won't stop till they kill you."