1

🌅🏯

you sigh, stretching out your toned legs as music plays softly around you. you've found yourself doing this a lot lately: isolating yourself all day, everyday.

you didn't really have a choice, given your overprotective father- who seems to never let you leave the house.

and your only friend, tessa, was always too busy with her job at the cafe so she could never come over.

after being called vile names and being shoved into multiple lockers throughout your freshman and sophomore year- your dad finally agreed on homeschooling you. well, paying for your computer to homeschool you.

as protective as your dad is, he doesn't ever pay much attention to you. you're usually left alone in this big house because your father works a lot. you only see him about three times a week these days.

you look around your small room. you put a lot of time and effort into making your room what you'd like.

your walls were painted a light shade of yellow and it had various posters of your idols hung on itself. you had a queen size bed- that almost takes up the whole room. your bed was an all white theme, which you liked a lot while tessa thought it was quite bland.

your clothes were hung up on racks at the corner of your room. behind the racks was a tapestry you had received on your fourteenth birthday.

fairy lights hung above your bed, which made the whole room complete. there was also small cactuses on your windowsill, giving some color to your room.

you stayed alone most days. you weren't even a loner and you longed for a friend who could see you all the time. you were extremely greatful for tessa of course, but you longed for more. having only one friend who could barely see you for the rest of your life was not appealing.

you decided to text your dad and ask if you could walk to tessas' work to see her because you were lonely. if guilt tripping him didn't work you wouldn't have any friends at all.

he usually gave in when you acted sad, even though he was never home and was way too overprotective he still loved you. in his own way.

your phone vibrated signalling a new notification.

dad: No honey, sorry. I have something even better though.

you: ugh :( i can't ever do anything. what could possibly be better father?

dad: I hired you a babysitter. Now you won't be lonely

you: ohmygod you did not

dad: Yes I did

you: DAD OMG! im sixteen years old! this is so unfair !!

dad: I'm sorry but its the only way I feel as if you're safe

you: i won't ask to go again !! please don't make me have a babysitter, im begging u daddy :(

dad: I'm sorry, but my answer is final. They'll be at the house tomorrow at 9am. Goodnight

you throw your phone to the end of your bed. you wondered why you were constantly treated like a child. you were very mature for your age and had never once had a problem on your own.

why, now of all times, were you being assigned a babysitter? you were sixteen years old for christs sake!

you lay back on your large bed exasperated. you decided the best way to mend your upset thoughts was to sleep.

and it sure helped.

🌾

you awoke to the smell of bacon. you were still groggy, but curiosity lead you out of your large bed and down to the kitchen.

standing behind the counter was not your dad, who you expected, but a boy around your age. he was tall and lanky with dark brown curls. he had very high cheekbones with a light amount of freckles dusted on them. his nose was shaped oddly, but not in a bad way. he had champagne eyes that made their way to you as you approached him eerily.

"you must be, y/n. i'm finn, your babysitter!"

🌾

hey guys:)
i'm super excited for this book!
i have another book u can check out if u want to too 😊

vote and comment?

have a lovely day,

xx, eva 💓