Chapter 29 - Dave and Busters.

Start from the beginning

"Okay okay, enough of the drinks..." Melissa mumbled as she moved the glass away. "Ma'am, can we just get the food to go?"

"Sure." The waitress nodded. "I'll bring some boxes."

Melissa boxed up their food as Jionni fell out of his chair. He started laughing obnoxiously as Melissa placed the food down and sat him up on the bench next to her.

"You sit here..." Melissa whispered, quickly boxing up their food.

"L......Lisssaaaaaaa...." Jionni burped.

Rosa started laughing as well as she downed one more class. Melissa boxed up her grandmothers food, then her own. Suddenly, Rosa started coughing. At first it wasn't bad, but then it got to a point where she had to cup a napkin around her mouth.

"You okay, grams?" Melissa asked.

The cough was so bad that it actually sobered her up a little. When Rosa looked at the napkin, she could see tiny droplets of pink.

That was blood. The cancer was getting worse.

"Uh.....y-yeah I'm fine......Look uh...I'll drive home. I'm sober enough, Melissa. You and Jionni just head to the car...." Rosa nodded as she walked to the bathroom. "I'll be out in a second...."

As Melissa packed her and Jionni's things up, Rosa rushed to the bathroom. She stood in front of the mirror, looking at the side effects on her medicine. It wasn't supposed to be taken with alcohol. She wanted to have some more fun for the night, but after realizing her throat was getting a tad bit worse, she had no choice but to call it a night. After a night of drinking at the D&B, Melissa noticed that it seemed to take over Jionni's system a lot more. When they got into her grandmothers car, Jionni collapsed and fell face down on the seat. Melissa glanced in the backseat and gave him a weird look as Jionni started chuckling and giggling with his face smooshed into the seat.

"Are you alright, Jionni?" Melissa laughed.

"I'm aiiiiighhtt..." Jionni slurred. "I think?"

Melissa got out of the passenger seat and went into the back to rest Jionni's head on her lap to keep him from throwing up. He was extremely drunk. Melissa scooted in from the left side and flipped Jionni over, resting his head on her lap.

"Haaaahaaaahh..." Jionni laughed, barely able to keep his eyes opened. "I'm so fuckin' gone. I swur....."

Melissa shook her head and glanced out of the window, wondering what was taking her grandmother so long. Jionni squinted his eyes at the window, scratching his head.

"Aye Lissa, h-how you thank our kids gone look....?" Jionni asked.

"What?"

"As a matta' a fact, how you thank our SON is gone l-look....?" Jionni slurred, giggling and moving his head a little.

"Who said that we're ever having kids?" Melissa said in a snarky tone.

Jionni paused, hiccuping and sighing.

"Our son gone have some a' dat phill.....pean hair.....and he gone ha' my build and lips...." Jionni nodded.

"First off, I'm having a daughter when I get older. End of story." Melissa said. "I don't want a boy. They're too much."

"Daughters expensive doe..."

"Not as expensive as a materialistic ass boy." Melissa scoffed, chuckling a little.

"But.....if we ha' a son, we can name him JJ." Jionni stuttered, drunk as ever. "Like my old son...!"

Jionni's playful demeanor sank as his son settled into the mind of his drunken head.