Chapter 29 - Dave and Busters.

Începe de la început

"WHAT?!"

"Aaaawwww shit." Jionni grinned. "I drink all the time so this ain't shit!"

"This trip wasn't just for him to loosen up, Melissa." Rosa laughed. "It was for you to loosen up too."

Melissa didn't know how to feel. As the lady brought their drinks and completed their orders, Rosa decided to talk to the two about how they are.

"So, how long have you two been together?" Rosa grinned as she placed her fingers under her chin.

"Well, we haven't necessarily made it official yet because we're trying to adjust to how we're gonna make it work with both of our parents." Melissa groaned. "And as of now, it isn't looking so good...."

"Well, a relationship consists of TWO people." Rosa said in a serious tone. "Not your parents."

"Well since we're living under their roofs, we have no choice but to follow what they have to say."

"My mama ain't da' issue." Jionni said as he raised an eyebrow at Melissa. "It's yo' parents who got a problem."

"I know....."

Rosa glanced at Melissa, shaking her head.

"Can't believe your father is acting like this. He knows that you're not a bad kid." Rosa scoffed. "Me and your grandfather raised him like a decent young man. I don't understand this....."

"Well he doesn't listen to me.." Melissa groaned again.

"Jionni's not even a bad kid. I don't understand." Rosa said, shaking her head. "What's the WORST thing you've done, Jionni?"

Jionni couldn't tell her that he broke out of his house arrest bracelet, robbed a home at the age of 14, fought on occasion, violated his probation, or even told her that he was on probation before.

"I got into some fights when I was younger....." Jionni mumbled. "Dassit."

"Every teenager fights. Hell, I fought when I was younger too!"

Rosa glanced down, sighing.

"I'll talk to him for you guys. And as far as my judgement on your relationship, I don't care. It seems pure." Rosa nodded. "All I ask is that you both be honest with me. Whether it's about sex, partying, anything. Let me know."

Rosa glanced at Jionni's tattoos on his arms. She was going to ask about them, but then she saw a "RIP Mook" sign under the boys face, so she decided to leave it alone.

"NOW it's time to crank up the mood." Rosa smiled as she filled up the shot glasses. "Let's all have a shot competition! First one out has to drive home?"

"Deal!" Jionni smiled as he raised his glass.

"Wait grandma, I don't think-"

"What's wrong, Melissa?" Rosa smiled. "Too much of a prude like your daddy?"

Melissa scrunched her eyebrows and grabbed her shot glass, tipping it all into her mouth. Her cheeks filled up as she held it in her mouth, shaking her head. Jionni and Rosa quickly downed their classes as Melissa gulped her alcohol down.

"Forget it. I'll drive." Melissa coughed. "That was gross."

"WEAK!" Jionni scoffed at her. "Me and you, grandma?"

"Alright." Rosa shrugged as she clinked her glass with his.

Rosa and Jionni were going head to head. Rosa drank a lot and Jionni drank a lot at parties. The two downed one, then two, then four, then seven. After seeing how dizzy their demeanor was when their food came, Melissa decided to pack up so they can head home.