Chapter 29 - Dave and Busters.

Start from the beginning

Melissa stared at Jionni for a while as he bit his bottom lip, giving her a flirty look on purpose. Melissa's grandmother smiled, turning down the corner.

"No eye sex in my car, guys!" She joked.

Melissa and Jionni let out a small laugh, looking out of their windows in embarrassment.

For the whole day, Jionni, Melissa, and Rosa [Melissa's grandmother] played the games around the entire arcade for tickets and prizes. They winded up competing against each other to see who could get the most by going around and playing every game that was inside of the place. Since Melissa's family had money, she paid for 200 chips on each of their cards, the highest amount that you can purchase on one card. After spending two hours playing each and every game, they headed to the line where a lot of the kids were with their cup load of tickets.

"Alright Lissa, you go first." Jionni smiled.

Melissa placed her tickets up on the counter, watching the lady weigh it out.

"555 tickets." The woman smiled.

"HAAAAH! Baby weight." Rosa laughed. "You're next, Jionni."

Jionni placed the cup of tickets up on the table, watching the lady weigh that out as well.

"1073 tickets."

"HAHAAAAH! Y'all ain't fuckin' wit me!" Jionni cheered. "You next, grandma."

"UGH!" Rosa scoffed at him, placing her tickets up top. "Grandma??"

"Yeah, grandma!" Jionni chanted again.

"Please boy, I'm 68 years young!" Rosa said, placing her hands on her hip. "You better tell him, Melissa."

"That is kind of old, though." Melissa giggled.

Jionni and Melissa started laughing as they gave each other a handshake, watching her grandmother give them a playful snarky look.

"1989 tickets."

Melissa and Jionni's faces dropped as her grandmother took her card, shoving past them.

"Out of my way, youngins." Rosa said as she shook her hips into the prize place. "I have a PRIZE to buy."

For prizes, Melissa and Jionni bought a whole bunch of candy and small toys for themselves. As for Rosa, she bought herself a giant pink teddy bear since it was her favorite color. At first Jionni was a little skeptical to be going to an arcade, but he winded up having the time of his life since he always did "grown" things as a child. Being younger, he never got the chance to go to arcades or anything since he didn't have any money. It was only after today he realized how much of his childhood he really missed.

After a fun night of games, the three settled into the food area for something to eat.

"Hello, welcome to Dave and Busters." The woman smiled. "What can I get you to drink?"

"I'll just have a water." Melissa smiled.

"Uh, a sprite?" Jionni asked.

Rosa grinned at the two, looking up at the woman.

"A large cup of Smirnoff with some shot glasses."

"Okay. I'll be right back with that."

Melissa's eyes widened as she gave her grandmother a shocked look.

"Grams, are you supposed to be drinking that?"

"Melissa, I've been drinking alcohol since I've had your father and all of your uncles." Rosa smiled. "Besides, I ordered this for all of us."