Chapter Three: Crebain from Dunland

(I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS BUT MY OWN WHICH ARE ARINELLE, GALDORIM, ARITHIEL, MERLIN AND CASTIAN, PLEASE NO ONE STEAL MY CHARACTERS AND IF YOU WISH TO USE THEM IN YOUR OWN STORIES OR BASE A STORY OFF MY OWN PLEASE OH PLEASE MESSAGE ME, THANK YOU AND PLEASE ENJOY!)

Elvish Tongue-Italics

Telepathic Conversations-Bold

Regular Conversations-Normal

Flashbacks-Bold and Italics

ARINELLE'S POV.

(A Few Days Later)

Our journey took us from the familiar paths of Rivendell into an vast and unfamiliar wild.My heart ached as we drew farther and farther away from my only known home, yet, being with those I cared for made it a bit more bearable. 

We now traveled through a large and widely vast valley, full of tall grass, rocks, and cliffs that could send you to your doom with one wrong move. The hobbits were doing surprisingly well considering they weren't used to such treks across a large distance. Pippin stayed mostly around me, I had come to look at him as a child of mine or a little brother while Merry would talk a lot with Aragorn and Boromir about fighting and battles. Sam stayed near his pony Bill and Frodo mostly stayed close to Gandalf. I was actually very pleased to find that Legolas stayed fairly close to me at all times. Although I didn't need protection, it felt better to have him close to me. 

"We must hold to this course, West of the Misty Mountains, for forty days, if our luck holds, the gap of Rohan will still be open to us, from there our road turns East, to Mordor." I listened to Gandalf as he called out his words to all of us. 

I sighed and let the warm breeze, a slight change from the past few days, flutter through my loose curls. My Golden eyes were at the moment locked onto a beautiful sight in the distance. The Misty Mountains. The beautiful snow covered peaks put a smile upon my face. I'd always loved snow, but from the clouds I see around the mountains we were lucky we weren't on the mountains. There was a huge storm covering the peaks of the Misty Mountains. 

'At least we don't have to tread through that storm' I thought to myself and Merlin who lifted his head, his gaze following my own. 

'Don't speak too soon, you may regret it' Merlin sent back to me and I rolled my eyes as we continued to look at the mountains. 

"ARINELLE, MERLIN!" We both snapped out of our focus to realize the group had made it quite a ways ahead of us. 

I blushed as Merlin and I rushed forwards to catch up with the group. When we reached them I received a soft chuckle from a certain blond elf who now stood at my right. I sent him a playful glare which made him smile but stop laughing.

"Don't laugh, I've never been out of Rivendell before, this is all a new experience for me!" I said and he smiled nodding.

"You're just unlike any other she-elf I've ever known...I like it..." He said smiling softly and I felt my cheeks heat up as I blushed and looked at my feet. 

"I was raised by a human, of course I'm different than other she-elves." I said smiling and he nodded as I watched the wind ruffle his soft looking golden locks locks.