The Princess

"What are you three doing on the kings road?" The knight asked as he dismounted. Belle pulled her hood over her head and held Bae closer."We are on the hunt for a girl, Belle, she is the princess and killed her father Moe. Who is with you?" Rumple took a step closer. "My son." Bae spoke up fast. "That's Lacy!" Bae said. "Rumple's wife!" Belle said fast. The knight smirked and looked at Rumple."Wait I know you... What was your name again? Hobble foot?" He asked with a smirk as he stepped closer. "No, Spinner-shanks? no." "His name is Rumpelstiltskin!" Bae yelled at the man. "Hush boy." Rumple said as he looked at them. "What are you doing on the road running? again?" Bae moved away from Belle. "What are you talking about?" The knight smiled."He didn't tell you? Your father is a cowered. He ran from the war and now he's teaching you to run as well. What's your name boy?" "Balefire!" He smirked. "what is your age Balefire?" "Son." Belle walked to Rumple holding him. "I'm thirteen, I'll be fourteen in three days time!" The knight smirked. "Well, we will just take you now then. "No! no, not my boy! Please. I'll do anything!" He moved away from Belle. "Well you have no money or power." He looked to the other knights. "Kiss my boot." Belle's eyes grew."W-what?" Rumple asked shaking. "Kiss my boot!" He repeated. "In front of my boy." He looked to Bae and got down kissing his boot. The men laughed and kicked him. "Papa!" "Rumple!" Belle and Bae went to him helping him up. "See you in three days boy. You should be with a real man." The knight said as he got on his horse. "He is a real man!" Belle said strongly. "He has you fooled or you are just a fool." They road away.

The old man walked to them. "You could always get power." Belle looked at the man. "W-what are you talking about?" She asked. "The knights have the Dark ones dagger, they control him and his power. But if you stole it you would have all the power!" Rumple smiled. "I-I could save Bae and all the other children!" Rumple said as they man smirked. "Yes. You would be a hero! "I-I don't know Rumple it sounds dangerous." He looked to Belle. "Belle I have no other choice. They will be after him in three days and what if they discover who you are? I could protect you from the men that want to hurt you." Belle shook her head. "I'll help you. But we have to be careful." Bae smiled. "I'll be your benefactor." The old man said as they all walked down the path.

"So what are we going to do?" Belle asked. "The castle is made of stone but the roof is made of straw. We can burn it!"

Belle and Bae are waiting from Rumple to return as they watch the castle burn. "Are you alright?" Belle asked. "Did you get burned Papa?" Bae asked worried. "I'm okay..I'm alright." "Did-did you get it?" Belle asked. "Yes. Go on back to camp. I'll be there soon." Belle looked shocked. "But why?" "Belle, Bae, this is something I have to do on my own. Go on." Belle smiled and walked to him kissing him. "I love you. Please be careful." He shook his head as Belle took Bae's hand and they walked into the woods back to camp. Rumple smiled. She loves him.

The fire crackled as Belle and Bae sat waiting. "Did you mean it?" Bea asked. "That I love your father? Yes. To me love is layered and it something to uncover. Your father is such a good man. He's thinking of others before himself. You, me the other children." Bae smiled. "Is it true your a princess? and your name is really Belle?" She looked down. "Yes, I'm a princess and my name is Belle but I didn't kill my father, a man Gaston did and now he wants to kill me." "Why?" Belle smiled. "Because he wants to be king."

"Dark one I summon thee!" In a flash the Dark one stood in front of Rumple. "You now hold the dagger, use the power wisely master.It's almost daylight and the men are out looking for you and your son, you ran after all. And the Princess Belle, what will you do about her? She can't really love a cowered?" He tilted his head. "Your boy might not even be yours...Have you ever thought of that? He wishes to die for his people and be something you will never be...A hero. Now I ask you master what will you have me do?" Rumple clinched his teeth. "Die!" He stabbed him with the dagger.

The man laughed as the curse started to leave him. "You! The old man your the Dark one?" He asked shocked. "Not anymore...I have been trapped by that dagger to long and now it's your turn." "No!" The man laughed. "Yes, This is unlike any curse... True loves kiss and any amount of power or magic will not break it. All that will is to die by the dagger...Unless you die by the dagger you will be the Dark One for all time and live forever... Protect the dagger wisely and trust no on. All magic comes with a price and THIS is YOUR price!" The old man took his last breath. "No! no, come back I-I." The magic began to sped and change Rumple and when he pulled the bloody dagger from the man, it had his named written on the blade. Rumpelstiltskin is now the Dark one. HE heard screams and looked to the forest. "Bea...Belle... In a flash of purple he vanished and reappeared in front of the knights that now hold Belle and Bea. "Dark one we have found the Princess... Dark One?" The knight asked as he looked on the man as he took his hood off showing his face in the morning light. "Papa?" "R-Rumple?" He smirked.