Chapter 6

-/A/-

My mother had already left, looking as if she were going to a party herself. I smile, gliding the mascara over my curled eyelashes before putting it back into the bottle and twisting it shut, throwing it in the little purse hat I was bringing.

It was only 8:10, and I figured that was more than enough time. I was pretty much ready and walking there would only take around six to seven minutes.

I finally decided that I was just going to do things simply, and threw on a black off the shoulder top, which was accompanied by a white jacket that I had on, and ripped jeans. Yes I can't see color,
But I know when something is black, white, and gray. Those are pretty much the only colors I see, other than the auras.

I lace my shoes, and walk downstairs reaching the door.

I take a look back, trying to remember if I had forgotten anything. I take a deep breath, and open the door.

The walk was mostly quiet, and none of my neighbors were out, which was another good sign for me because I didn't need them to tell my mom that I was out. But I was able to hear the blaring of music when I neared Brandon's house.

I see lost of familiar cars parked outside of it, and I walk up to the porch of his house, which was fairly big, considering Brandon was an only child, and rang the doorbell.

Brandon opens it, his eyebrows furrowing in shock, as if she's never seen me before, his aura changing to purple, which did mean confusion, but it also meant shock, seeing that the two tie together. "Aphmau?"

I look down at the floor a little, smiling. "Yeah, it's me. Hi."

He greets me back, his aura shifting back to green, with hints of orange in it before yelling. "Katelyn! Your friend is here!"

And the rough the hallway I see more people, who's auras are pretty similar to Brandon's, but I also see some hints of blue and white, with some pinks.

There's a lot of emotions going on here.

"APHMAUU!" She nearly screams, pulling me into a hug, and in the house at the same time. I can tell people are looking at us because of the commotion, and I blatantly wrap my arms around her before laughing.

"I'm so glad you were able to make it," She smiles. "Let's say hi to everyone and let me show you around."

"Okay."

And I see everyone, and they seems kind of happy to see me, and I'm glad that they cared enough about me to be happy that I did show, and I saw Lucinda, and KC, and Nicole, Dante, and so many other people from school.

After a while, Katelyn got distracted and left all the socializing to me.  I think she did a good job on showing me the ropes of it.

I leaned on the kitchen counter, taking a look of the water that moved around in the plastic cup, as a forested it around, watching the other people talk and have a good time.

"Aphmau Phoenix.... At a party?" An all too familiar voice asks.

"Hey, Laurance!"

"What're you doing here? How'd you get out?"

I watched as his aura turned all types of colors. My stomach dropped a little when I saw the pink in there. Laurance is a great friend,

But I just don't like him like that.

"Basically my mom's not home for the night, so I snuck out."