Chapter 1

-/A/-

I have never told a single soul about what I can see.  I know the consequences that will result from that.

I'd just get stuck in a lab and have tests being run on me all day like I'm just some experiment.

"Mija! Are you ready?"

I stumbled around the room, trying to get my left shoe on my foot.  Hopping with one leg, I grab my bag and get down the stairs.

"Yeah! I'm ready!"

I grab a granola bar to go, slowly looking at the black, white and gray packaging.  I look back up to my mom, who has that familiar green aura surrounding her.

I smile at her, opening the door.  She hands me my car keys.  "Bye, mom."

I shouldn't be able to drive, not being able to see color and all but I figured out what the stop lights look like and what order the color is in.

The top of red, middle is yellow and bottom is green.

When the shades of gray by the lights get slightly darker, that's what color the light is.

I realized that I would need to know, without telling anyone I was what they call 'colorblind'.

School wasn't that far from my house anyway.  I just drive because I'm way too lazy to walk.  I pull into a parking stall, getting out do the car.

And that's when I'm hit with a blast of colors, every student has a color or colors radiating off of them.

There were mostly baby blue, which is tired or sleepy.  Then when you really walked around you'd see the actual emotions of the students.

Some were sad, nervous, in love, there were a lot of colors that I saw.

"Hey Aphmau!" My best friend, Katelyn greeted me.

"Hey, Katelyn!" I smile, seeing that she has a bright green aura, meaning she's happy. There's a little tint of white, but she's Katelyn and she'll always be irritated with something.

We started walking into the school together, the hallways filled with students.

I approach my locker, taking out my books for the next couple of classes that I have. I shit my locker, seeing Laurnace, another one of my good friends.

I roll my eyes at his light pink aura; flirtatious.  There's also a green one, which always makes me happy to know that he's happy.

The auras appear above other people like clouds.  So they don't really mix together.  You could tell which is which.

"Hey Aph,"

"Hi Laurance," I say, smiling.  I'm just waiting for what pickup line he has to say to one of us now.

"Did you fall from heaven~"

"Irene, shoot me."  Katelyn groaned, her aura having more white around it.

"Because you have he face of an angel~"  He smirked then laughed.  "What I'm really here to tell you guys is that my best friend is transferring here."

"What does he look like?"

Laurnace's aura changed from a light pink to an orange. Was he really that excited?

"I'm not going to say to much but, super tall, blonde hair and blue eyes. Total chick mag."

Katelyn rolls her eyes. "Yeah, right."

"Oh my Irene I totally forgot. You're into guys with white hair and green eyes aren't ya Katelyn?"

She turned slightly pink, her aura or should I say auras, changing a whole lot. From dark pink, to red, to purple.

I laugh slightly, seeing how frustrated this makes her.  "It's okay, Katelyn.  Just calm down."

"You're lucky Aphmau is here or you would be six feet below."

He chuckled.  "Well, I'll see you guys around."

The bell rang, which was homeroom.  One of the few classes that me and Katelyn had together.

And the day was started off to a day full of color.

•••

How I hate math.  With a burning passion. And how I hate when I have it first thing in the morning.

"And the formula-"

Ms. Connor was interrupted by a knock on the door. She smiled as a student or something came through the door. I didn't really pay attention.

"Class, this is our newest student transferring from O'khasis prep, Would you like to introduce yourself?"

I looked up and looked down at the ground. His hair was a light gray, meaning that it was blonde, like Laurnace said.

He smiled at the class, in a slight British accent. "I'm Garroth Ro'meave, and I just moved here from O'khasis." He looks straight at me.

He goes to sit down somewhere in proximity to me and I sit there confused.

That's when I notice something. I look slightly behind me, where he's sitting diagonally across from me.

Nothing.

He's just plain old black and white. There's no aura. No white, nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

He looks up and notices that I was staring and before anyone could question, I turn around, my eyes wide, looking at the black and white paper.

The bell rings, and I quickly flush out of class.  I check above everybody's heads to make sure I'm seeing things correctly.

Orange,

Blue,

Dark pink,

Green-

And suddenly, I run into him again.

"You okay, love?"