Chapter 10

Of mice and men- bones exposed

We have been walking for at least an hour already. It's pitch black and the rustling leaves are putting us all on edge. It's all so very cold, indicating that winter is just around the corner.

Sam is walking very close to me, ready to kill anything that could put me in harm's way. Dane and Trevor are in front of us and Gabriel is beside Sam.

A branch snaps behind of us and we all stop and get into fighting positions. Silence. We keep walking.

Finally after what seems like many days of nights, there is a faint glow of hope ahead.

"Just a little more." Dane whispers and we walked towards the light with more confidence in our steps.

By the time we can actually see what's ahead, I am giddy with the thought of security. We keep walking until we reach a fence. Well, a glorified wall that could stop a tank in its tracks. The tall brick wall stood at least fifty feet tall with barbed wire wrapped on it, that was dripping with blood, looked like it wrapped all around the safe haven. Lights shined from the top, where armed guards stood, ready to kill in a split second.

A guard left his post and soon a opening popped out right in front of us. The guard walked out and shook hands with Dane.

"How's everything?" Dane asked the man.

"Good, lots more corpses lately, but nothing we can't handle." Dane nods and walks into the place inside the fence and waves us to follow. Gabriel and Trevor waltz right in but Sam and I hesitate.

"C'mon, don't you want to see paradise?" Dane yells over his shoulder. Sam reaches for my hand as we slowly walk through the gates.

THE END

A/N:

I know this was a very short story and an even shorter chapter. I will be writing a sequel though so a don't worry. I hoped you enjoyed this book as much as I did writing it :)

Xx Jorden