The Basement

"Th- this place is real spooky...." Shaggy said, shivering.
"Reah.... real spooky..." Scooby joined in.
"Alright gang. Let's spilt up. It'll be the most effective way to find Daphne." Fred said.
"Shaggy, you take Scooby. I'll go with Fred." Velma added, walking next to Fred.
Fred and Velma walked to the staircase, going up, leaving Shaggy and Scooby behind.

[Velma's POV]
I walked up the creaky staircase, right behind Fred. Although I acted confident, I was completely terrified.
"Alright Velma, we check the bedrooms first." Fred said, reaching the top of the stairs.
"Right." My ears perked up as a I heard a creaking sound coming from a hallway. "Fred, what was that?" I then felt a push on my chest, losing my balance and falling down the stairs. My glasses fell of as I screamed. The last thing I remembered seeing was Fred reaching out for me.

[Fred's POV]
I reached out to grab Velma but wasn't able to catch her. She fell, hitting her head on a step and passing out.
"VELMA!" I yelled, running down the stairs and picking her up.
"Looks like I'm on my own." I said, walking up the stairs while carrying her. Every step made a creak, my breathing was hard and things felt so cold in here.
"I wonder how Scooby and Shaggy are doing..." I said, arriving at the top of the stairs. 'What kind of staircase leads to a hallway?' I thought, while walking down the hallway.
There were framed paintings of distorted artwork, such as that farmer family but on his pitchfork was his wife's head.
"Yikes...this mystery is gonna be...." I suddenly heard a snap under me. Looks like he wood ha been rotting for too long. Then it broke. I landed on my back, hitting something on my way down. I heard a familiar scream.

[Shaggy's POV]
"FRED! LIKE, LET'S HELP HIM SCOOBS!" I yelled, running at Fred who'd fallen on top of a table. It snapped directly in half.
I quickly pulled him up, noticing he was carrying Velma. "Like, what happened man?!" I asked, my heart pumping like crazy.
"Ris Velma rokay?" Scooby asked.
"Y- yeah... we're all fine..." Fred told us.
We all quickly turned towards a small door, hearing a scream from it.
"I- is that Daphne?" Fred said, running towards the door. Scooby and I followed, all three of us standing in front of the door.
"Alright gang.... we better descend..." Fred told us.
He opened the door, the dark staircase leading down into the basement.
And so the three of us slowly descended down the stairs.