Chapter 11- Our Family

It had been months since I found out I was pregnant, with Sesshomaru knowing he now spent every waking minute with me morning and night. Leaving all his work to his trusted subordinate Snow he spent all his time now looking after me, not even allowing me to bath alone for fear I could slip and injure myself or our pup. In all honesty I found it cute how he was acting, it seems he was taking the role of being a father very seriously, as was I as a mother. But I wasn't as worried about injury or the like as him, still I let him do as he pleased. Since this was also his pup too so we both shared the desire to protect our child. 

Winter had come and gone and now we were in spring and every day for me was becoming hard. Now almost as big as a house it made it hard for me to walk or well do much of anything. But I was managing somehow, my brother helping me every step of the way. I could sense I was getting close to when the baby would be born, but the doctor said I still had a few more weeks to go before the pup was born. So I now spent most of my time in our room, or out in the flower garden with Sesshomaru. 

Now early in the morning I was walking slowly about in the garden outside. Sniffing all types of different breeds of flowers, always finding the smell of flowers somehow calming in some way. As I was off in my own world enjoying the garden to my hearts content, I glanced every now and then to locate where my brother was. He was lounging lazily in one of the many chairs that were scattered all about in the garden. Fast asleep with his arms crossed over his chest, I couldn't help but take in the sight, my brother surrounded by a field of flowers looking like a prince that would no doubt melt hearts. "...Gorgeous." Blushing at my own thoughts I stopped that train of thought right there, and turned my attention back to the flowers. Leaning down slightly as I let my fingers scoop a single rose into the palm of my hand just enough so I could get a good whiff of it's scent. I never plucked them, rather just liked to take in there smell and be surrounded by them. 

Just as I let the rose go and stood up again I winched a little when feeling the pup kick inside me, causing me to place one of my hands to my stomach, urging to calm my child down by singing. While I was doing that I felt two strong arms wrap around me and hold me close in a warm embrace. Knowing just who it was I smiled as I leaned my body back against his. Sesshomaru kissed my cheek just as he whispered into my ear.

"Is our pup giving you a hard time again?"

"He seems to have a lot of energy just like you, he can't help it."

Sesshomaru smirked at that and nipped at my furry ear gently before turning his attention to my tummy and placing both hands there while speaking in a soft soothing voice.

"Hey you, settle down. Don't give your mom too much trouble."

"Heh heh, you think you can teach him things already?"

"I am his father. So of course."

"Ah, but of course. And you sure are a great one."

"Yes."

Laughing as he kissed me gently I purred into his touch as he held me close to his chest. "Man...this guy is too much. He has so much confidence. When will he quit?" The answer? probably never haha." Then again that's one of the many things I like about him, so I'd live with it. Smiling to myself as I thought this, we looked on at the flowers as they swayed in the breeze all around us. I was enjoying the moment, taking it all in as I thought about how soon I would be a parent and be responsible for a new life that would be coming into the world. As I thought this I looked at Sesshomaru, his face so full of joy as he held me close to him. I had a hunch that our pup would be a strong dog demon, much like Sesshomaru himself and I. While I was lost in thought I was suddenly struck with a strong pain like none I'd ever felt before in my life, grounding my teeth to try an brace the pain I hunched over and groaned. In a flash my brother was there holding me steady, with panic and worry crystal clear in his golden yellow sun kissed eyes.