Y/N checked to make sure she had everything she needed before slipping her backpack over her shoulders. She treaded over to her nightstand and stood in front of it. On it was a compact brown box big enough to fit a wristwatch. Her wristwatch. Her eyes landed on her wrist to see the object wrapped around her skin. Her fingers grazed the metal and her index finger squeezed one of the buttons.

She waited. Seconds passed. Maybe she had the date wrong. Then after 10 seconds the watch gave out three long beeps before the screen went black. With a soft click, the watch unhinged and freed her wrist.

She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

The girl placed the timepiece on top on the box before stroking her wrist. There was a middle finger thick line that ran around her wrist that was lighter than the rest of the skin surrounding it. Had it really only been a year? It felt longer to her. But now, no one would be mentoring her. No longer on her 'time out.' Her eyes watered. I didn't mean for all that.

A knock sounded at her bedroom door.

"Y/N, you ready?"

She took a deep long breath in and exhaled it even slower. Willing the tears away, she took a quick glance in her mirror. Her face looked dry and unpuffy. She went back to the night stand and placed the watch inside the box. She would drop it off along the way. Another knock sounded at the door.

She walked on over to it and opened it to be greeted with familiar eyes. His eyes glanced down at the box in her hand. They lingered there for a moment before meeting hers again.

"Yup, let's go."

-------------------------

A gentle wind danced through their hair. The cherry blossoms swayed to the ground as they entered into the gate. Today would be Y/N and Kaji's first day of high school. Y/N always heard about how different high school was compared to just about anything. Adults always would reminisce on their time spent in it and TV always made it seem like surreal stuff would happen just by being there.

Y/N didn't expect it to be anything special. Just the same as middle school expect more people. More people equaled more personalities and personalities sometimes had a funny way of clashing together. But either way it wouldn't be anything crazy like high School drama was hyped up to be. Probably nothing would happen and she hoped that to be true as well. But deep done there was a part of her that hoped her life would become exciting.

Y/N thoughts drifted and she glanced at her brother, his attention buried in his phone. Oh.. yeah that's right.

The skirt wearing sibling pulled out her cell phone. She knew Midoriya had made it into U.A. She baked him cupcakes as a congratulatory gift but she had burned them to smithereens so she bought him a cake instead. But Y/N never did ask him what class he was in. So she shot him a text.

Y/N
Hey Izu, what class are you in?

Izuku
Good morning and Class 1-A

Y/N
Cool, we're in the same class ^_^
Are you already there?

Izuku
No not yet I left late because of my mom =_=

Y/N
Alright well I'm still heading there so see you in class

She returned the phone to her skirt pocket and looked up at the sky. It was a pretty spring day. The clouds traversed ever so slowly across the infinite blue. She couldn't make any shapes out of them, they just looked like white cotton candy puffs. Y/N eyes shined. It'd be a good day today, nothing to bring her down.