Operating things

"Walton, is there a reason you called us here?"

"Also, any specific reason as to why we couldn't tell Boots and Diane about this meeting," Elmer chimed in after Cathy and adjusted his glasses.

"Well yes, thank you both for asking. I called the meeting for specifically those two people,"

A proud Bruno stood in the MacDonald Hall kitchen with his hands resting on his hips. Before him stood Wilbur, Chris, Elmer and an annoyed looking Cathy. The piercing glare from her did not falter Bruno's pride. For he had just come up with the most stellar idea since he caught Boots snuggled up on his bed feeling sorry for himself while watching The Bachelor; it was truly tragic.

"Don't tell me it's a plan to set them up."

"That's exactly it, Elmer!"

Cathy smirked to herself and stifled a giggle; keeping some knowledge to herself since Bruno didn't notice her action.

"I call it Operation Date."

"Ominous," Elmer noted.

Bruno laughed gleefully, "Boots needs this he seems so down recently since he came home from Winter Break. I think the fact that he hasn't been able to land Diane for all this time has really gotten to him."

"Yeah that's it," Cathy rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms.

"Well what do you suppose it is," Bruno asked offendedly.

"Oh nothing, I also want no part in this!"

"Since when? You always love being apart of our schemes."

"Well not this one, Walton."

"Okay, the tension in here is thick enough to cut with a knife. Metaphorically of course, you can't physically cut air," Elmer cleared his throat and laughed awkwardly as he looked between the two; then glancing at Wilbur and Chris who were oddly staying quiet.

For Chris to be quiet wasn't too out of character but Wilbur...
Never mind, also not weird, he's eating a cold slice of pizza from today's swim meet.

Bruno cleared his throat, "be apart of this or not, Burton. Our friends deserve to be happy and I'm done standing around to wait for them to make it happen."

"You're so oblivious, Walton!"

"No, I know Boots likes Diane. He's my best friend. I think I know him more than you do when it comes to this."

"That's not what-", Cathy groaned and slapped her hands to her sides in defeat, "fine play Cupid but don't come crying to me when this plan goes awry."

With that she stormed out and Bruno looked at the trio in front of him as he blinked quickly to process what just happened.

"Anyway," he clasped his hands together, "anyone have any plans to help out this operation?"

"I'll go get the gong," Wilbur exclaimed with some sauce on his maroon polo.

Bruno laughed giddily and smiled at the two left in front of him,

"This is going to be fantastic!"