a good different

jaeden's POV

it had been a few weeks since the pier. i talked with melody daily now. i got to know her better. it killed me on some days because of how much she looked like makeely.

everyone was over at my house just hanging out and watching some movies when melody called.

"hello?" i answer, everyone stops talking to look at me.

"yo jae bear, down to hang right now?" her chirpy voice asks. i smile.

"hey could melody come over and hang with us?" liz was the first one to say yes.

everyone else agreed, not even knowing who melody was.

"yeah i'll send the address, a bunch of my friends are here, that okay?" i ask. she giggles.

"that's fine jae, i'll see you soon." she says and i smile then hang up the phone.

"who's melody." sophia says.

"yeah dude, you were smiling the entire time you were on the phone with her." finn says. i roll my eyes and sit down.

"promise not to freak out and get mad at me for not telling sooner?" i ask everyone nods.

"melody is makeely's twin, they were separated at birth, i just met her a few weeks ago." i explain.

everyone's eyes were wide. i start to regret inviting melody. even though they promised they wouldn't be mad, they were.

"look, makeely didn't know she had a twin. her parents never told her. meaning i didn't know until i saw her at the pier." i try to defend myself.

"why did you wait this long to tell us though??" jack says. jeremy chirps with a "yeah, not cool dude."

i sigh.

"i knew you guys were gonna freak out. i thought maybe i could ease myself into the situation."

everyone takes a deep breath.

"sorry, we just wish you had told us from the beginning." chosen says. everyone nods except for liz, she already knows anyways.

"wait? liz, you haven't said anything this entire time, did you know?" finn says, taking hold of her hand.

"i was there. i saw her." she says. everyone nods.

"guys i just gotta tell you, she looks a lot like makeely oka-" i start but am cut off by the doorbell ringing.

"that's her." i say walking towards the door.

i open the door to see exactly who i expected. melody stood there smiling.

"hey!" she says taking a step into the house and hugging me.

"hey." i say back as we hug.

"um let's go introduce you to the rest of us." i suggest and she nods. i close the door behind her and i lead her into the living room where everyone was sitting.

"guys this is melody, melody, these are my friends. you know liz." i say pointing to liz.

melody's POV

"guys this is melody, melody, these are my friends. you know liz." jaeden says pointing to liz sitting with a boy with dark curly hair.

i smile and wave at her. she waves back.

"hey, i'm chosen." a boy with dark skin rose to greet me. i smiled politely at him. we hugged briefly before he went and sat back down.

"i am sophia!" a freckled girl with short red hair said. i smiled at her as well.