The battle

"I love you," I said. Erik laid over me. He lifted his head and kissed my forehead.
"I love you too. You got my back right?" He laughed.
"Always," I said. He tickled my sides and squirmed.

I don't know why that memory came to me as I watched the dora milaje turn their spears on Erik. Even Okoye. My heart raced in my chest. Erik stood in front of me.
"When I tell you to run I need you to run," he whispered. Where was I going to go? The place was running loose. The wakandans were attacking each other.
"B-but what about you?" I stammered.
"Baby I'll be alright," he took his daggers out and right before my eyes his clothes turned into a panther suit.
"We fight together!" Okoye yelled.
"Run now Leanna!" Erik shouted. I quickly turned around and ran back into the building. Two women were sneaking out. One I recognized to be the Princess. I raised my hands up as they eyeballed me.
"Don't worry about her...she's not a threat," the woman with bantu knots said. They quickly ran off and over to Erik. I froze watching him fighting the dora milaje. He sent a burst out from his suit and sent them flying including one of the other women. I ran over as Erik stood over the Princess. Just as I reached them a force knocked us both into the hole. I was free falling through some sort of black and purple underground cave. The ground was fast approaching and the other person in the Panther suit hit it first. Someone grabbed my arm.
"I thought I told you to run?" Erik growled.
"I couldn't leave you."
He held me close to his chest and took the impact as we rolled onto the ground.
"Shuri, turn on the train!" The guy said. The lights that surrounded us bent inward and a fast approaching subway looking thing came beaming towards us. I jumped out of the way just in time. Once it passed the two of them they engaged in battle again. There was nothing I could do but watch. Then I noticed a small door towards the tunnel where the train came out of.  I ran towards in when I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. If felt like someone had taken a knife and raked it through me. I turned around and Erik was kneeling on the ground with his dagger in his chest.
"No," I turned back around. The other Panther, which was T'Challa, lifted Erik up to his feet.
"Wait T'Challa!" I yelled. He stopped and looked at me. I went to Erik other side and draped his other arm around my shoulders.
"Baby..." Erik said weakly.

***

T'Challa brought us to a cliff that over looked Wakanda and had a beautiful view of the sun.
"What are we doing here? He needs medical attention," I pressed. T'Challa looked at me sadly.
"He's dying..."
"Oh no no no no no no," I kneeled beside Erik and he stared out into the sky.
"Isn't it beautiful?" Was all he said to me. He kissed my cheek and I lost it.
"Come on baby, there's still time," I said trying to lift him. He wouldn't budge.
"We can still give you medical attention," T'Challa said. I nodded my head.
"Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors that jumped from the ships. Because they knew that death was better than bondage," Erik said simply. He plunged the dagger deeper and I let out a blood curling scream.
"No Erik," I latched onto his body and listened to his unsteady breathing.
"Come, Leanna," T'Challa pulled me off of him and Erik fell to the ground. I kicked, scratched, and punched T'Challa but to no avail. Erik was dead.