Caught

I laid in bed next to Ethan, our feet intertwined and my head oh his chest. It almost felt like we lived together now, and I loved that. I didn't want it to end

My phone buzzed. I grabbed it off the charger and checked my notifications

*New text from: Trace Cyrus*

Trace Cyrus
Still on for that not a date, date?

Before I could reply Ethan looked over at my phone and grabbed it. Rereading my text and the previous ones from Trace!

"What the fuck is this Bullshit?" He said shoving my phone back to me and standing up

I sat up in the bed, "What, Ethan? I forgot to tell you I got to meet him... I didn't think it would be a big deal?"

"So YOU ALREADY HUNG OUT WITH THIS guy?! Why wouldn't that be a big deal Lainey famous or not what the fuck?"

"No no I did not hang out with him. Well, I did the day I met him but I was just too excited to meet a Cyrus in person but it wasn't hanging out like that" I honestly forgot about Trace until this moment

"To a guy hanging out in any way is hanging out, look at the texts it's obvious he wants you... you're making it obvious you're interested Lainey!"

"But I'm not interested... I- I ..." I looked down, I was mad at myself I knew Ethan would be mad if he knew I spent time with Trace. But I didn't want him in that way I was just excited, and I definitely felt like I fucked up.

"I will text him right now I swear Ethan, it's not what you think..." I started to make a text out to Trace. Instead I blocked his #

Before I could tell him I blocked Trace because he irrelevant Ethan left the bedroom and slammed the door.

-
I heard a knock at the bedroom door.

"Come in"

Diego came walking in and shut the door behind him.
"Am I about to get a lecture from you?"

He laughed "nah I just wanna make sure you're good? I heard y'all earlier and I talked to Ethan"

"Oh yeah what'd he say?"

"Lain. The boy loves you. Like hella. He wants y'all to move in together for real, he has goals for y'all"

I looked down. I felt worried I'd lose that with everything going on lately.

"Did I fuck that up?"

"Nah he'll be fine just stay the fuck away from Trace or imma go pay him a visit myself"

"I will stay away from him it's nothing... him and I are nothing"

"I hope not cause I can't let you hurt my boy"

"I'm your girl be on my side for once"

"Lain. I can't back you up when you done fucked up, what if Ethan did that?"

He's right. I'd be mad as hell.

"I guess I'd be mad... "

"Wait wait. How the fuck did you even meet Trace in the first place?"

"Uhm about that..."

"What did you do?"

"I went to talk to Jess......and give her a piece of my mind"

"Fuck..what happened?"

"Nothing. She just made excuses. And she has a new boyfriend."

"What the fuck? You Lyin"

"No she did... a fucking tool too"

"Damn you always have my back tho. I'm not even gunna trip on it... I'll find something else. Right now I gotta get ready for your"

"Tour???"

"Yeah, it's starts in 2 weeks if y'all wanna come along that's cool"

"If we are a we then..."

"Shut the fuck up you will be"

I could tell he wasn't trying to react over what I said about Jess but I know I'm the back of my mind I shouldn't have told him that.

Ethan came walking back through the door. "I'm gunna sleep at my house tonight, okay?" Ethan said

Diego got up and started to walk out "y'all work this shit out" he said before leaving

"Why would you leave?" I asked Ethan. That made me sad

"I just don't know if I trust you right now and I don't want to say things I will regret"

"No Ethan we can talk it out. I blocked Trace from my phone completely I will show you"

I stood up to show him.
He put his hand up he didn't want to see.

"I just thought you cared more about what we have goin? But you're quick to hop on some famous guys dick"

"Ethan you can't be serious"

"I'm dead serious"

He started packing up his bag and grabbing all his things around the room.

"What can I do to make this better Ethan?"

"Right now I don't know Lainey. I'm filming tomorrow and I have a lot on my mind. I'm tryin to be here for Diego and I can't have your drama on top of that"

"My drama? Ethan, we rarely ever have issues... please just stay"

He took his bag and started to walk out.

"Ethan!" I called out

I stood by the door waiting for him to come back, but I didn't want to chase him. I didn't want to embarrass myself.

"Ay, do you know where this Trace guy lives?" I heard him ask Diego

"He's Jess's neighbor bro" Diego said

"Let's go"

No no no no. What have I done!?