...

He twirled her around around beneath the pale moonlight and stars, only listening to the sound of his heart beating in his ears and his boots scuffing the ground. He looked at her smile, her dimples wide and bright, her eyes closed as he danced with her. Slowly the music fades and the loud sound of an alarm goes off, he opened his eyes to look over and see she wasn't there.. she hadn't been there for a while. He got up and walked across his creaky hardwood floor towards the bathroom. He walked to the sink and turned the water on, splashing the water over his eyes. He sighed as he turned the water off and walked to his closet. He grabbed a flannel shirt and his favorite pair or faded blue jean, along with some socks and his boots. He got dressed and walked to the kitchen, where he grabbed a pan and put it on the stove, he walked to the fridge and grabbed a can of biscuits and a pack of sausage. He hears the sound of little feet running down the stairs.

"Dad!" screams the little girl, who runs up and clings on to his leg. He smiles and picks her up, hugging her tight. "Hey pumpkin. Breakfast will be ready in a few. Go watch Tv till it's done." He says as he sets her back down. She smiles and runs to the living room, all hyped to watch Mickey Mouse, which she watches every morning. He sighs as he grabs a skillet and places it on the back burner. He popped open the can of biscuits and placed them on the pan, turning the stove to 350 degrees. Then he turns on the burner and opens the pack of sausage, cutting them into thin, round circles. He places them in the skillet and sighs, walking to the fridge. He grabs the orange juice and places it on the counter. He grabs two cups from the dish washer and places them next to the orange juice. He flips the sausages then looks into the living room to see Maggie watching the Tv intently, not even noticing that he was looking.

He smiles softly and walks back to the kitchen, finishing up breakfast and pouring the juice into the cups. "It's done." he says and she comes flying around the corner. He laughs and hands her the plate, hen sets her drink next to her. He sits down. "You aren't gonna get any?" Maggie asks, looking upset. "You haven't eaten with me for months." She adds on, her voice breaking. "I know Honey, I'm just not hungry." She pouts as he sighs and looks down. She climbs out of he chair and walks over to hug him. He looks up and smiles softly. "Go grab your stuff for school." He said quietly. She tumbled her way up the stairs, into that little pink bedroom, grabbing her Monster's Inc lunchbox and her Mickey Mouse backpack and she runs back down. She grabs his hand and pulled him out the door, he locked it on his way out. She held his hand till they got to the door of that old jacked up Ford, He opened the door and helped her get into the back seat.

He shut her door and opened his, getting in and turning the truck on. He let the car warm up before driving off. They rode in silence all the way to the school, first day of Kindergarten for Maggie. She looked up at him. "I love you dad." He squatted down and kissed her forehead. "I love you too pumpkin, go have fun." She ran off to her friends. He got back in the truck and drove off. On his way home he stopped by the cemetary. He walked through and seen her grave he sighed and sat on the fresh dirt. A tear rolled down his face as he layed his hand on the dirt. "I miss you darlin'.." He said softly.

Short chapter...