Reo's Absolute Happiness

Comincia dall'inizio

    “Ba-chan, good afternoon !” Reo waved his hand in front of the woman.

    The woman widened her eyes and snapped back to reality. “You!” she pointed to Chihiro. He flinched. Reo blinked.

    “What ?” Chihiro asked.

    “Your future’s bright! Like the morning sky in summer! Your girl is faithful! You’re gonna have great kids !” she smiled creepily.

    Chihiro scowled at her. “Yeah, whatever .” he muttered.

    “Ba-chan what about me ?” Reo asked.

    “And me ?” Kotarou butt in.

    “And me ?” Eikichi raised his hand. Yukina, Akashi and I almost laughed. The woman stared at them and grinned.

    “Mibuchi Reo .” she spoke.

    Reo looked really shocked. “Eh!?!? How do you know my name –“

    “You’re gonna have your absolute happiness later today .” she continued. Reo blinked and glanced at Kotarou. Kotarou just shrugged.

    “Hayama Kotarou .” she said.

    “Yes!” Kotarou saluted.

    “You have nothing .”

    “What !?”

    “Nebuya Eikichi ,” the woman turned to look at Eikichi and he pushed Kotarou aside. “A rival on his way. You’ll have to find a way to beat him.” She said.

    Eikichi frowned, nodded and walked to Reo who’s waiting at the lamp post, 5 meters away from the woman. I smiled and was going to walk to them when the woman spoke,

    “Akane Seikina .”

    I stopped and looked at her and she stared at me. After a time, she narrowed her eyes and shook. “Biggest disaster ever .” she muttered. I bit my lower lip, took Yukina’s hand and walked away.

But I still heard what she told Akashi.

=w=

    “The one who called himself absolute .” the woman turned to Akashi. Akashi turned to her.

    “Brace yourself for humiliation. Brace yourself for grief and sorrow. Brace yourself for the fate of your loved one. Your cruel fate. She won’t last.” The woman shook her head in disbelief.

    Akashi chuckled. “Don’t worry. I can see the entirety of future. It is but a simple matter to change it.”

    “A very.... cruel fate .”

    Akashi ignored her and went to the group. He noticed the change of expression on Seikina’s face and knew she must have heard what the woman said.

=w=

    I tried to mute what the woman said that has been echoing in my mind since just now. Thankfully, Reo broke the silence.

    “OH MY FREAKING SOUL!” his face went blank and he gaped at what he saw. I looked at the direction he was looking and I chuckled. Across the road, were a group of high-schoolers just like us, walking, laughing and chatting with each other.

Only that they’re not merely high-schoolers.

    “HOLY SHIT IT’S PHANTOMS!!!!” Reo shouted and crossed the road without looking left and right. I winced as the cars honked and stopped right in front of Reo. But he ignored it and ran straight to his target.