chapter thirteen

En başından başla

"I just want to talk to you." he said, attempting to open the door further, but I kept my palms firm on the wooden barrier separating us.

"Why?"

"Because I was dumb and I want to apologize."

"Save it. You don't like me, so what? You don't have to apologize for that because I don't blame you." I said. His features softened even more as he looked down at me, shaking his head.

"Jen, I just need to explain. Just let me explain." he begged. I shook my head.

"No, Harry. Please leave. I'm trying to paint and I have a deadline and I can't deal with this or you right now." I told him. He sighed.

"Will you just let me-"

"No!" I cut him off and his lips pressed into a thin line. "You don't get to do this. You don't get to treat me like shit and then show up two weeks later with an explanation for why you're such a douchebag. Just leave me alone." and with that, I stomped on his foot, causing him to pull it back, and I slammed the door in his face.

I stared at the door for a moment before taking a deep breath and returning to my easle. Unfortunately, after my second encounter with Harry, I couldn't focus on much. My painting was turning to shit; the lines began to look runny and the colors just wouldn't work, so I decided to take a break.

A nice, warm bath would be good for me right about now, I thought. Violet took bubble baths quite frequently, so I knew she had exactly what I needed. I walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I began the water and after a second the steam had already begun to relax my tense muscles. I bent down to search the cabinents for the bubble bath soap and tealight candles, finding them easily.

After undressing, I lowered my body into the hot water and shut my eyes, sinking down until the bubbles tickled my chin. This was the first moment of "down time" I'd had in days. It was nice to have a minute to myself, to just relax and clear my head.

But of course, how could I maintain a clear head when Harry just kept making his way into my thoughts? I thought about how rude he had been when we first met and how he'd ruined some of my sketches. I remembered him saving my purse from getting stolen, visiting Romeo's late at night with him, and his offer to help with my sculpting project. I thought about all the times we kissed. Then, I thought about how he laughed in my face when I told him I had feelings and how he had the audacity to beg me to let him explain himself. I literally rolled my eyes at that. What a load of bullshit. Like I'd ever let him trick me into believing a word he said or a thing he did ever again. He brought on too many negative vibes and I wished to return to my happy, jovial self. I promised myself to do just that and return to the standards I set before I came to university and before I met him. No boys, no crushes, no boyfriends, no heartache.

At the end of my bubble bath, I felt refreshed and renewed. I promised to focus on my schoolwork and art and writing only from then forward. I crawled into bed, telling myself I would finish my painting in the morning, once I had one good night's sleep.

///

The next morning, I got ready for my 8:30 Music 101 class. I plugged my earphones in before leaving the dorms, cursing myself for not at least finishing the audio book about composers last night when I had been taking a bath. I prayed my professor would give us an extra day to complete it, considering at least half the class most likely didn't even start it. I may be a bit of a procrastinator but I was nothing compared to majority of the kids at Hallows.

I dodged the make-out couple standing in front of the elevators and held back barf at the sight of their writhing tongues. I walked quickly, hoping I wouldn't be late. This particular professor was a stickler for tardies and interruptions, although that usually wasn't an issue for me, but he closed and locked his door every morning at 8:30 on the dot.