As I was about to let the darkness overtake me, I heard Mommy’s voice screaming, “I hope you are satisfied, you have killed your son’s true love!”

The smoke from the fire entered into my mind, and I knew it was hopeless. I let the darkness of death take me.

~

My eyes snapped open, the feeling of a hand touching my hand gently. My breathing was hitched. Candle sat at the edge of the bed looking worried. Relief washed over her worried lines as I looked at her.

"What happened?" I asked sitting up slowly.

"I don't know bit Trevor said you just fainted. He had to practically sprint to your aid before your face collided to the floor," she said.

I felt the sensation of my cheeks rising in color. I had fainted in front of Trevor.

“Oh…” I looked around the room half expecting him to be in a corner, smirking. I had no idea why he was acting well, like a jerk. The day of the ball, he was pretty nice.

Taking the time to look around the room, I came to see it was pretty fancy. The bed was wide and spacious. The ceiling was white and there was a small chandelier the brighten up the room, making me even more aware that I was in a mansion.

Next to the bedside, was a bookcase, filled up with books, I wondered if they were ever used. On the other side of the room, ahead of the bed, was a fireplace. Yes a freaking fire place.

But what shocked me the most was the swiveling stairs in the far end of the room, they seemed to be going up into the ceiling a small door at the end of it.

“Nothing’s up there,” said Candle.

I looked at her shyly, “Oh.”

She nodded smiling, “So are you feeling better?” she asked.

I nodded, “Yeah I don’t know why I fainted…”

I never in my life fainted. It just never happened.

“Did you eat anything? Maybe that was it, come on let’s go downstairs, so you can eat something.”

Slowly, we made out way down the hallway. No one was in sight, which I was glad. I don’t think I can muster up the courage to look at Trevor after him seeing me with their book and fainting.

“So where is everyone?”  I asked as I sat on a stool. I watched as Candle took out some baked potatoes with broccoli.

“I don’t know they might be outside doing you know guy things.”

As I took a spoonful of food, “Hey um where are you parents?” I asked.

Candle froze, “They aren’t here. I mean we don’t live with them John, Jackson and Trevor are of age to take care of Austin and I,” she said shrugging.

That’s when I realized I didn’t know old they were, “Uh how old are you guys? Sorry I’m being to curious.” I looked down feeling a bit to nosy.

The sound of a bubbly laugh caused me to look up. “Oh it’s okay Catalina. John is nineteen but because he failed classes, he got a chance to finish his senior year. Jackson and Trevor are both eighteen, Austin is Seventeen and I am sixteen, like you.”

Well damn their mother didn’t waste no time on having them, did she?

“I’m going to the restroom, when I come back down we can go outside. I can show you the surroundings, it’s pretty huge, plus I can show you the animals.”

I smiled.

My mind began to wander around.  I began to think about the book once again , thinking of the way Trevor reacted when he saw I had it in my hand. It was strange.  I guess it had been very important if he had reacted such way and recognized it, quickly.

That book I was guessing, had been here for years, before I found it, so I didn’t think he should had known of it, I think.

Obviously he did, though.

I sat on the stool, pocking at the food, not very hungry.

“Why so alone?” a deep chilling voice asked. I felt a hard chest behind my back> I felt overwhelmed and not in a good way.

The hairs behind my neck stood up. I jumped up and away from the presence, standing right there was John. My heart practically jumped out of my chest. His eyes were focused on me, his jaw clenched and a smirk on his face.

--

A/N

Sorry for the long wait! If you all dont know, My laptop is being fixed, the screen was a bit too wobbly so I had to get that fixed, Yeah i know it sucks!
& updating on an iTouch sucks as well. Sorry for any mistakes.

Anywhoo, Here are some questions: So what do you guys think?? How about how John is all weird and strange? why do you think Trevor is acting all mean now, when he wasnt at the ball? WHy do you think he acted the way he did when he saw the book in her hands?? o.O
Okay so it'll be helpfull if you guys give me your opinons and suggestions for the next chapter, believe it or not it HELPS a lot.
10 votes
5 comments before I update again. Not much right?
OH and who wants this chapter dedicated to them? I need someone. Also fan me if you havent so I can dedicate a chapter to you(: