-1.9-

PART ONE-CHAPTER NINE

"Your mind is a powerful thing

"Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, things start to change."

 _____________________________________

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise?" Rhea heard her father say. It didn't take her long to realise that this was one of the times when Robert Baratheon wasn't as drunk as he usually is and that he remembers things well when he's not so drunk.

She finally stopped fumbling with her hair and looked up to see her father looking at her with a huge smile that Rhea knew-I know what you're doing, and I won't tell your mother. She hadn't failed to notice that Ned Stark was giving Robb the same treatment, and when she turned, she saw Robb swallow in nervousness. "So did you two get any of the work done, or was it just sucking each other's faces all these hours?" Her father asked, and Rhea felt the bright red colour rush to her cheeks.

She finally looked up with all the grace she could salvage out of this awkwardness, and said, "I got the costs and accounts done, and Robb wrote the thank-you letters for all the guests who were in attendance at the feast. So yes, we managed to get work done, father. Thanks for asking so subtly." She joked at the end, hoping to alleviate the situation a bit. And it worked, as she saw her father laugh a bit, and she could have sworn she Ned Stark grin too.

"Well get out you two. And don't get caught for the gods' sake!" Ned Stark said, and Rhea and Robb quickly scurried out.

They walked along the pathway laughing as if their lives depended on it, talking over and over about the very unlikeliness of the situation. "I mean who would have thought that this was going to happen?" They walked briskly as they laughed, and Rhea thought that Robb felt a little playful, as he held her wrist turned her towards him, and asked, "What was going to happen?" he asked, and Rhea for the first time noticed a husky undertone to his voice, and the little flecks of grey in his stormy blue eyes. She liked it- his voice, his eyes. At this point, she wasn't sure if she disliked anything about him.

"Now you're going to act like you don't remember anything from there? Aren't you?" she asked and smiled a bit. Robb smiled wider, if that was even possible, and said, "I'm afraid I'm quite lost on this subject, Rhea. Care to remind me?" he asked, and Rhea could definitely feel the courage that was emanating from him. It took her a while to get her thoughts straight and realise the compromising position they were in, and what would happen if they got caught, again.

She was held against a wall in the pathway that was surrounded by bushes that had winter roses in full bloom, by a man that was she knew she had grown to be fond of and had also kissed. Robb, even though he wasn't very tall than her, made it look like he was a huge shadow looming over her- one that she didn't feel afraid of. She just continued to admire his face from the closest view that he had offered her in the ten days that she had stayed here, and she had forgotten that he had actually in his own way asked for her to kiss him.