Time Lords

The next week goes by as usual, and Clara is excited to have no homework over the weekend. One less thing to worry about. Knowing the Time Lord concert with Rose is tonight, she takes a shower and then curls her medium length chocolate hair. Putting on a little bit of makeup (with her signature petite eyeliner wings) she heads to her room to pick out an outfit. She decides on a sleeveless black dress with a galaxy print collar, the dress about mid thigh length. Running out the door she grabs her leather cross body bag and her black converse, running out to Rose's mini van. Clara and River shared a car, but Rose got her mom's old car. Tying her shoes as they headed to the record store where David's band was playing, they turn on the radio and sing at the top of their lungs, Clara 'car dancing' in the front. Rose wore ripped boyfriend style jeans and a white shirt that says 'BAD WOLF' on it right under a picture of a wolf with bright yellow eyes.

Parking her car in one of the employee parking spaces behind the shop, Rose and Clara walk into the store. The shop, Rick's Records, is operated by Rick, and in the basement they have a stage for gigs and an awesome snack/drink bar (no alcohol, of course). They had worked plenty of nights at the bar before, so it was nice to be on the other side of things.

Making their way to the basement, they see about 15 teens in the blue-painted basement, various records and band posters on the wall. On the mini-stage are four guys around Clara and Rose's age, and the singer taps the mic a few times before he starts to speak. Clara's eyes are immediately drawn to him. He has prominent cheekbones and is at least a head taller than Clara. He's wearing black jeans and a faded aqua v-neck, and Rose was right. Swoon-worthy accents doesn't even begin to cover it.

"Well hello. Thank you all for coming to see Time Lords, I'm Matt, and these are my mates David, Peter, and Chris. So, enjoy our show folks." He says, and as the band begins to play, Clara notices his amazing voice as he sings.

Looking through the crowd, Matt sees a girl looking at him. She has warm, brown eyes, and he realizes she's looking right back at him.

Clara breaks her gaze from the handsome singer. Wait a second. Clara had just told Rose she didn't want to be in a relationship in the beginning of the week, because she didn't. Did she? No, she didn't have time. And anyways, a hot, British singer like that probably had a girlfriend... Luckily, she was pulled out of her thoughts of the dreamy singer by Rose.

"You see David? On the drums? And I see you're also enjoying other aspects of the band." Rose says with a wink.

"No I'm not! I was just... Shut up. Let's go get drinks." Clara says making her way over the the bar.

"Hey Martha." Rose says to the dark-skinned woman behind the counter. Her hair is pulled into a high ponytail and she's wearing a t-shirt that says 'Walk the World' on the front. Martha was another one of their best friends, and she traveled all the time. Just over the summer she had went to the pyramids.

"You want your usuals?" Martha says handing two guys at the end of the bar cokes.

"Whatever you're making." Clara says with a grin as Martha begins to prepare their surprise drinks.

"So, how's Mickey?" Rose asks Martha.

"He's good. Took me on the sweetest date last weekend. What about that drummer? He's been eyeing you all night." Martha says as she hands Rose a frozen lemonade and Clara an ice-cream coke float (with whipped cream on top).

"He invited me... Isn't he cute?" Rose says as she takes a sip of her drink and sits on one of the worn down green stools.

"Gotta love the accents... Cool band name too." She says, and Clara agrees. Time Lords is an awesome name. "And Clara, that lead singer can barely keep his eyes off of you." She says, which causes Clara to turn a little pink. Before she opens her mouth to protest though, Martha cuts her off.