Chapter One - The Strange Boy

TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER and I decided to spend it wisely even thought it was raining but I'm not going to let a little rain stop me.

The sound of birds singing woke me up...

I'm just joking, it was the rain and my cousin.

"Hazel, Mom said that if you don't wake up now you're dead." Tyler, my 13 year old cousin said and pulled my covers off then quickly ran off

"Tyler, I'm gonna kill you!" I shout at him then check the time only to realize that he's right. I really am going to be late to work. Fuck.

I ran to the toilet and quickly to my business and brush my teeth. After that I run back to my room and look for my uniform "Aunt Maddie, do you know where my uniform is?" I shout at her and she quickly replies "yes, I'm ironing it. Come take it." Thank god. She's a life saver  

                                                                               *******

"Those 3 months of working was worth it." I said to Laurie as we return our uniforms in "yeah cause now we can finally get those tickets." she replied and we walked out of the shop but someone pulls on Laurie's arm. It's Alex. He's a guy we worked with and would always flirt with Laurie but she always thought no one could ever like her so she just thought I made it up.

"Hazel, do you mind if I steal Laurie?" he asks me and I smirk "No, she's all yours." I wink at Laurie and she rolls her eyes "I'll see you at Eddies." she added and before I could even answer they were gone.

I decided to go to the graveyard to see my parents. Yes my parents are dead, they died in a car crash. Nobody really comes to graveyard. Well I don't because it gives me creepy vibes and I watch a lot of horror movies with Laurie so yeah.

When I see their graves I sit in between them. I close my eyes and try to imagine that they're still alive. My mom would be fussing over my hair and my dad will be obsessing over cars then he'll try and come in with his dirty hands and touch everything. God I miss those days, when my parents were alive.

When I open my eyes I see a strange boy staring at me.

He had deep blue eyes you'd get lost in and considering he had a hood I couldn't quite make up his features but I could see that he had blonde hair with strands covering his eyes.

"Are you done checking  me out?" He asked me, slightly amused "I  wasn't checking you out, I was just trying to recognise you." I lied, I was  checking him out "I just moved here, so you won't know me." He said and held his hand out. I looked at it and saw that inked covered them and then took it.

I was going to say something but my phone was buzzing. Emily, my other friend was calling me.

"Hazel, where are you?"

"I'm at the graveyard."

"You said you were going to help set up the party."

I moaned

"Okay fine but can I bring someone along?"

"Is it a boy?"

"Yes but don't make a big deal out if it."

"Okay fine. Just come."

I hanged up and he was just looking at me "finally, you're done." He said impatiently "were you waiting for me or something?" I asked him "yeah, let's go to the party."

That was supposed to be a private conversation. But I guess he doesn't know what one is. Clearly.

"Did you parents ever tell you not to ease drop on people's conversation's?" I asked and crossed my arms "well....my parents are dead so..."