Chapter 11: An Unexpected Party

Start from the beginning

"Wait!!"

I stopped, 'Oh-No.' I turn around and look at him

"You forgot your quill lass." and he holds up my quill.

I hurriedly walked over, grabbed my quill, said thank you and turned away.

Balin nodded his head and then took Dwalin towards the pantry and they began to ravage it.

The next knock at the door, I answered. I opened the door only to be greeted by two very handsome and strapping young dwarves. A blonde haired on the left, and a brunette haired on the right. In a way, the brunette somehow reminded me of my father.

"Fíli" The blonde haired dwarf said

"And Kíli" The brunette spoke.

And they both bowed at me and said in unison, "At your service."

I nodded and slightly parted my lips for a smile, "Aranel Oiailmarë, at yours."

Kíli chuckled, "A Lady? Uncle will surly not approve of that. Or an Elf for that matter."

I was confused, "I can assure you that this uncle you speak of, will not be disappointed. And neither am I an Elf. I am a dwarf just like you, but I was raised by Elves."

Fíli nodded in respect, and I moved aside to allow them to come in. Bilbo walked over to us and Fíli gave Bilbo his weapons and by the amount, poor Bilbo almost fell over. I sniggered a bit and left the room, searching for the comfortable armchair I knew was around here somewhere. I laid down and rubbed my fingertips to my temples, my headache was returning. More and more dwarves came, but I stayed put, no one was really noticing my absence. I felt a nudge on my shoulder and I look up to see Fíli hovering over me.

"Aranel, are you alright? You've been back here for awhile now."

I nod quickly, but it only made my headache worse. I pulled my face into a mask and answered with very little emotion as possible.

"I'm fine Fíli. Do not fret yourself."

I quickly get up and move to lean against the doorframe.

All around me I can hear Bilbo complaining that he was not comfortable having this many dwarves in his home. I laughed, 'As if he had a choice.' I thought to myself. I glance down the hallway to see Bilbo face-to-face with a kind and gentle dwarf of whom I believe to be named Ori.

"Excuse me." I hear Ori plead, "I'm sorry to interrupt. But where do I put my plate?"

I smile at his politeness and I move to grab the plate but Fíli beat me too it,

"Here you go Ori, give it to me."

And he took the plate and chucked it down the hallway to Kíli. And with that, the dwarves began to sing,

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks!

Smash the bottles and burn the corks!

Chip the glasses and crack the plates

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!

Cut the cloth, tread on the fat!

Leave the bones on the bedroom mat!

Pour the milk on the pantry floor!

Splash the wine on every door!

Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl!

Pound them up with a thumping pole!

When you're finished, if they are whole!

Send them down the hall to roll!

That's what Bilbo Baggins Hates!"

I started chortling at the hobbit's dazed reaction when he saw the pile of stacked dishes. Everyone was laughing as well. It took me a few moments to regain my breath when a large hand pounded hard on the door. I tensed up and cringed.

"He is here." I hear Gandalf whisper in a hushed tone. I felt a hand on my shoulder and Fílí smiled. I relaxed and looked up at Gandalf in question,

"Gandalf who's that? Who's here?" Gandalf gave me stern look and got up from his seat. I followed slowly behind, dwarves pushed passed me, eager to see the face of the new dwarf. Gandalf slowly opens the door, as if with hesitation. I never really saw the dwarf, but I heard him.

"Gandalf!" The voice exclaimed.

I froze in my steps, only one person I knew had that same voice. And I thought he was dead.

__________________________

Dun Dun Dun!

So sorry it took me so long! but I'm working on the next chapter now, it should be up in the next couple of days.

Hope you liked this chapter!

Please comment, rate, like, etc.
I have a lot of work to do!

Namarië!

-TC110