TBS x Reader: The New Girl PT. 2

Part 2, I'm really liking this!

Requested by: @Carrot_Headed

I throw my purse on the island as I walk into the kitchen. Thomas walks in shortly after me, observing every decoration as he does. "Nice home you got."

"Thanks, it's nothing special." I say as I grab us two waters and sit on the couch.

"Yeah, 'cause a fifty thousand dollar Porsche is nothing special." He mocks sarcastically.

I shake my head with a smile, "What do you recommend for fake crying?"

"Well," he shifts, getting comfortable on the couch, "you need to think of something that makes you incredibly sad, perhaps a memory?"

I nod and immediately know which one to use, "The day--"

"No," he stops me, "I find that telling someone ruins it, takes away the sadness."

I look away with a nod, recalling the memory. It was the day my dad left, and my mom made me go with him. She said he could raise me better, be the better parent. I was fourteen, and it was the day we packed for L.A. I held back tears as we said goodbye to Mum, only to find put she died in a robbery a week later.

As I pull myself from my thoughts I realize tears are already staining my cheeks. I continue to stare at the fireplace, dwelling over what happened ten years ago.

"Now look at me." An accented voice makes way through my right ear. I turn to the blonde boy sitting next to me, I had nearly forgotten he was there.

I let out sobs, thinking of my mother's dead body. She was laying in a mess of her own blood on the living room floor. I had known moving to L.A. was a bad move. I knew something would happen, and as always, I was right. From then on I was left motherless, and even though we moved, her death put a barrier between my father and I. One I never thought could possibly be fixed.

But my (e/c) eyes met with Tommy's caramel ones as he stares at me blankly. But the hint of a smile glimmers behind them, and I'm reminded of today. I've made it far on my own, and I've got today to proove it. So because of that, a smile breaks out across my face, my eyes focusing better on his face as the blur from the tears disappears.

I realize how close I am to him, so close I feel like my soul is being invaded by his gaze. I look away, knowing we'd have to be even closer in the shoot. That thought makes my cheeks flare, so I continue to turn away.

"What happened?" His accent thickens with his laugh. He tries to lean forward to get a look of my face, "Are you blushing?" I glance to see his smirk.

I furrow my brows, "No, it's hot in here. Want some more water?" I get up quickly, and he senses it.

"Okay..." his hand encircles my wrist and he pulls me down. I land next to him, closer than before as my right thigh touches his left. He doesn't move away, and he holds onto my wrist. "So that didn't work. What were you thinking about?"

I don't move away, if he's not uncomfortable then I shouldn't be either. "Me and my father moved to L.A. when I turned fourteen, a week later my mother died in a robbery. It spaced me and my father apart." I speak, refusing eye contact as I do.

He slips his hold to my hand, giving it a squeeze. "I'm sorry, love."

I shrug, "She was a horrible mother. And apparently I'm over it, I can't even cry about it anymore."

He 'hmph's, letting go and standing up. "We need alchohal..." he says in thought.

"I don't have the good stuff, Cherry Vodka?" I get up, heading to the kitchen. I open the cabinets and pull out the odd shaped bottle.

"Good enough," he says as he stands on the opposite side of the island counter. "Can you think of anything worse?"

A few stories come to mind, having to do with multiple people. But one stands out from the rest. One that happened four years ago, one that broke me into so many pieces I thought nothing would ever fix me. I'm not sure I'm even fixed yet.

It was the day I learned Kyle, my (ex)boyfriend, had been cheating on me for two years.

I nod, starring down at the counter.

"Okay, take a drink then focus on that one thing. The alchohal helps."

My eyes close and I take a swig, thinking over the event that sent me into a spiral of depression. I had just moved out and into my own apartment, that's where I met Kyle. He was gorgeous with his platinum hair and strong muscles, he swept me off my feet from the moment we met in the lobby. He was charming, sweet, charismatic, everything I had ever looked for in a guy. I was convinced that he was perfect.

I sniffle, a tear running down the line of my nose.

He made me think we were soulmates, the power couple of L.A. It was always just me and him, him and I, (y/n) and Kyle, Kyle and (y/n). Until a horrible day came.

I hang my head, my being shakes as sobs escape one after the other.

I had entered our apartment, calling his name to let him know I was home. But I stopped short as I saw him and Ansleigh making out on our couch.

I back up from the island until I hit the counter behind me, my wrists grasp it as my nuckles turn white. I cry and cry, how is it that that boy still has such a big hold on me?

They were making out on the couch that we would cuddle on. The couch that we would cling to each other on when we watched horror movies. The couch that we laughed on when the comedy shows came on.

Fingers glide over my face, a forehead pressing against mine as my tears are wiped away.

"Sh... stop crying." A soft voice says, like a hand reaching down and pulling me from the black abyss that is my past.

I open my eyes, staring into his brown ones. "Thomas?"

"You got pretty deep into that." He steps away and leans on the island across from me.

I look down and shake my head before looking up again. "Why'd you stop me? We were making progress, why'd you--"

"Perhaps this isn't the best thing for you right now." He dismissed the conversation.

But that can't be right, I was doing well. It may not be as hard as I thought to cry on command. So why'd he stop me? There has to be another reason.

"Any how, it's pretty late. Do you have a place I can crash?" He asks with a shrug.

I wipe my eyes and sniffle, composing myself once more. "Of course, here--"

And I'm cut off again by my phone as it rings. I check to see Dylan's picture on the screen. I groan and point to a hallway, "Guest room is down the hall and take a left, then a right, then another right and it's the third door to your left." I explain as I pick up the phone. I see Thomas rethink the directions before setting off down the hallway.

I pick up, "Hey, (y/n)!" Dylan screams.

"Hello Dylan.." I close the vodka after taking another drink.

"So everything is planned, clear your calendar for Saturday at 5 o'clock pm. Wear something between party and formal, like what you wore today."

"Okay, anything else?" I ask as I put the vodka back.

"I'm glad to have you on cast (n/n)." He says.

I hear Thomas open and close a door, I look towards the hallway, "Me too."