three.

"chapter seven: 'the bathtub'"
"Will you stop pacing?" Mike asked Dustin exasperatedly.

"I don't feel good about this. I don't feel good about this!" Dustin replied, turning on his heel.

"When do you feel good about anything?" Lucas shouted. Seven grew irritated by the bickering. All of you, be quiet. They almost instantly stopped. Seven left the blood that trailed from her nose to drip.

"Holy shit," Dustin breathed. "That was cool." As he finished speaking, they all snapped their heads round in unison as a car door could be heard slamming.

"Shit!" Lucas hissed, as everyone ran to the front of the bus.

"Get down!" Mike exclaimed. Seven huddled up next to Eleven. Eleven smiled and took her sister's hand for comfort. They winced as they heard the door of the bus being opened. Seven felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. Stop, stop, stop, she urged, apparently to no avail. They heard some grunts, and punches being made from outside, and all stood hastily as someone entered.

It was a man with a beard and a hat.

"Let's go." He directed. "Let's go!" He repeated, after nobody moved. They all hastily gathered their wits about them and followed the man out.

"This is Hopper. He's the chief of police here in Hawkins." Dustin explained to Eleven and Seven.

"Hop-per." Seven repeated slowly.

"Who's this? We knew there was one girl, not two." Hopper said as he got into the car, everybody following him in.

"This is Eleven," Mike pointed to El, "she's the one you did know about. But this is Seven. She doesn't have telekinesis like El, but she has mind control." Hopper nodded slowly, taking the information in, keeping his eyes on the road.

"So they have, like, superpowers." Hopper finalised.

"Thank you! Someone sees it for what it is!" Dustin exclaimed, glaring at Mike and Lucas.

"Technically. But where are we actually going?" Mike asked, leaning over Eleven to see out of the windscreen.

"The Byers house. Now, I'd appreciate it if you shut up until we get there." Hopper replied harshly. "Jesus, superpowers." he muttered through gritted teeth, rubbing his forehead. The car eventually pulled up in the Byers' drive, and everybody got out to see Nancy, Johnathan and Joyce waiting nervously.

"Mike? Oh, my god, Mike!" Nancy ran and hugged her little brother. He stood rather awkwardly in the embrace, unsure of what to do. She held him out in front of her. "I was so worried about you!"

"Yeah, uh, me too?" Mike tried. Nancy looked away from Mike slowly, and towards Seven and Eleven.

"Are those my dresses?" She asked. The two younger girls looked round to Dustin, who smiled briefly at them, as though trying to reassure them. Neither Seven or Eleven spoke, but they followed everybody inside. Mike took it upon himself to explain the concept of the upside down to the adults.

"Okay, so in this example, we're the acrobat." He pointed at the stick figure on his diagram. "Will and Barbara, and the monster, they're this flea. And this is the upside down, where Will is hiding." Nancy looked uncertainly to Johnathan, but focused back on her brother. "Mr Clarke said that the only way to get there is to create a rip in time and space.

"A gate," Dustin interjected.

"That we traced back to Hawkins Lab." Lucas added.

"With our compasses." Dustin interrupted again. Joyce, Nancy and Johnathan looked to him blankly. He inhaled sharply. "Okay, so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the direction that the compasses point." Seven was uncertain of what a compass even was. She did, however, know about the gate. She'd seen it in person, gone near it. And she never wanted to see it again.