Chapter 1

I groaned as sunlight hit my face and an annoying thumbing woke me up. Who the hell were playing so loud, I could actually feel the bass?! Whoever the person was, I was going to rip their fucking heads off. I didn't really care it was probably 2pm or something like that. I needed my sleep, and no one was going to interrupt that, human or vampire.

Feeling my head throbbing, I put my hand to my forehead and rubbed it lightly. And then the memories from the night before started to come back to me. My heart. No, no, no it couldn't be happening!

But sure enough, my heart was beating. There was this annoying throbbing in my chest, and I couldn't stop it. How ironic was that? Just yesterday, I'd been thinking about the fact that I was never ever going to have a singer. And all of sudden, she was here. She was born, and I already knew the exact rhythm of her heartbeat. Because my own freaking heart had the same.

I pulled away the sheets, walking to my dresser to find a pair of jeans to put on. I had always been the kind of guy to go commando. When I had them on, I walked downstairs, feeling the annoying throbbing all the way in my head. God, could this become any worse? I'd barely had the heartbeat for 24 hours, and I was already sick and tired of it. And I needed to have this for another 24 years, before I could be at peace again! Couldn't she just speed up aging or something?

I made my way to the basement, and grabbed four blood-bags from the fridge. My brother never touched these, but Caroline did indeed. My baby brother is boring enough to stick with the animal diet. I guess you could say he's the complete opposite of a vegetarian.

I am not complaining about his diet, though. I mean, sure, he was fun when he was on human blood. He knew how to have fun, drinking, fucking and draining. But he also left behind a big mess. And that wasn't very fun. Plus, now that he's on animal blood, I am so much stronger than him. And not just a little. I'm very much stronger. Guess I am the older brother after all!

"Damon, how many times have I told you not to let humans go to the... Oh!"

I turned around and saw Caroline standing before me, looking at my chest. Not because I was half naked, no. She'd seen me naked before. Lot's of times. No, it was the throbbing she had to be able to hear from my chest. That was what she was gazing at. I drained the blood bag without looking at her, throwing it in a garbage can and opening another one. I was going to need a lot of blood.

"Your heart..." she whispered, holding her hand before her mouth. I rolled me eyes and walked past her, getting the hell out of the basement. A bit too close to her for my taste.

"It's beating, stop staring like that. You're going to make Stefan believe you chose the wrong brother," I said, putting in as much sarcasm as possible. Noway I was letting her know anything about the pull I felt. I knew where the little girl was. I knew her exact location, and I wanted to go there. But I so wasn't going to do that. I was going to go up and pack my stuff and get the hell out of here. Actually, I was going to get the hell out of the country.

"STEFAN! Oh my God, Stefan, Damon actually has a heart!" Caroline started running up the stairs, while yelling to her boyfriend. God, could those two be any worse?

I had just poured a big amount of blood into my bourbon as Stefan made his way downstairs, wearing his usual hero outfit, jeans and a tight fitting tanktop. He just needed a skirt, and he'd be more girly than Caroline.

Stefan stared at me for a minute, before focusing on my chest, and I knew the sound of my heartbeat was clear to him. And he'd comment something about me needing to go and see her in three, two...

"You should go and see her, Damon," Stefan said, his face very serious. What did I tell you?

I raised my eyebrow at him and emptied the glass, going over a mental list of stuff I needed to bring with me. How much clothes did I need? And where would I go? Maybe back to Italy. Or Germany maybe... There were always a lot of alcohol and trouble over there.