Jake x Reader

"Yes!! I am finally here!" (Y/N) shouted as she stood outside of the Blizzard Arena. Her dream was finally coming true. She was going to get to see her favorite team, the Houston Outlaws, play live. She couldn't contain her excitement and spun around. After checking to make sure no one saw her fangirl, (Y/N) ran through the doors and into the building.

She wasted no time and rushed to claim a front row seat. She set down her "Go Outlaws!" sign on the seat and took a look around. People all around her wore gear to represent their favorite team and fellow Houston Outlaws fans waved at her. She shyly waved back and turned to face the stage. She quickly checked the time on her phone and realized she had a few minutes to visit the store to buy more Outlaws merch.

(Y/N) made her way to the store and began to browse around. She squealed when she found the Outlaws sections and stood in awe as she looked at all the gear. There was so much stuff that (Y/N) could not make up her mind on what to get. She wanted everything! But sadly (Y/N) did not bring enough money. She sighed and decided to buy a hat. As she quickly turned around, she bumped into someone and fell backwards. She whined as her butt it the floor. (Y/N) closed her eyes in pain and tried to stand back up. A hand reached out and she huffed before taking it.

"You better watch where you are going. I could have gotten hurt." she snapped as she looked down and picked up the hat.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't see you there." The person said worriedly. (Y/N)'s eyes widened as she heard the voice and quickly looked up.

There, standing before her with his hand rubbing the back of his neck, was Jake. (Y/N) blinked once and then twice before she blushed. Jake seemed to notice and chuckled lightly.

"I like your jersey." He stated while smiling at her. (Y/N) looked down and read his name on the side of her jersey before she blushed even more. Jake continued to smile at her.

"Well, I'm really sorry I bumped into you. I hope you are alright." he said. (Y/N) just stood there and nodded vigorously. Her heart was beating so fast. Jake was super cute and she couldn't help but melt at the sight of him. He seemed to notice and decided to try and make her comfortable.

"So, you here to watch us kick some ass?" he asked. (Y/N) tried to find her voice.

"Y-Yes! I am! Can't wait to c-cheer you on!" she squeaked out. Embarrassed, she hid behind the hat. Jake winked at her and did a heroic pose.

"Well, I will make sure we win just for you!" he replied. (Y/N) almost died when he winked and she giggled at how silly his pose was.

Little did she know, Jake seemed to take in interest in her. He thought she looked cute with that blush on her face and wanted to spend more time with her. Jake was about to ask for her name when Rawkus came behind him and patted his back.

"R-Rawkus!!" (Y/N) whipspered and smiled shyly at him. Rawkus winked back and turned to Jake.

"Hey man, we gotta go. Our match it about to start." He said Jake. Jake frowned. He was having fun talking with the adorable girl right in front of him. He reluctantly sighed and nodded. Rawkus began to walk away and Jake looked back at (Y/N).

"Well I guess I have to go. I hope I'll see you around." He said before he turned and went to the rest of his team.

After he was gone, (Y/N) took a deep breath and recalled what had just happened. She couldn't believe she just met Jake from the Houston Outlaws. And she even got to see Rawkus. Her face still felt hot and she mentally kicked herself for being so embarrassed in from on him. She quickly purchased her hat and ran back to her seat in the arena.

~~~

The last match came to a close and the Outlaws came out on top. Everyone cheered and congratulated the boys on a job well done. (Y/N) gathered her things and followed everyone as she filed out of the building. She stopped by the store for a short while and noticed that the Outlaws were in there meeting fans. She wanted to stop by, but there were tons of people crowding them. She did not want to overwhelm the boys even more and decided to just leave. (Y/N) looked at them one more time. She smiled softly at Rawkus, who was letting a fan play with his hair, and Linkzr, who was signing a few jerseys. Boink, Coolmatt, Bani, and Muma all stood with a fan and were taking a picture. She saw Spree and Clockwork chatting with a group of older fans and wished she would join in. Lastly, she saw Jake, high fiving a few young kids. He stood up and saw her. They made eye contact and (Y/N)'s face went red. She quickly turned and began to walk away. Jake frowned and excused himself from the fans. He ran towards her and grabbed her hand.

"Hey wait, please!" he exclaimed. He pulled her a little closer to him, but (Y/N) lost her balance and fell into his chest. Jake wrapped his arms around her and steadied her. He blushed slightly when (Y/N) looked up at him. Her face was covered with an adorable blush and her eyes were wide with surprise. Jake cleared his throat.

"Do you wanna... stay and hang out with us for a little?" he asked quietly. (Y/N) smiled at him and gathered up her courage.

"I w-would love that. My name is (Y/N)." she answered. She pulled away from him a little and adjusted her jersey. Jake frowned when she pulled back and quickly missed having her in his arms. He then smiled brightly at her answer and said "Hell yeah! Thank you (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) giggled at his goofiness and blushed. Before she could say anything else, Jake grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"Come on (Y/N). I'll introduce you to the team and than maybe we can hang out at my place together later."

And with that, the two walked towards the team, hand in hand.