New Guy

The morning, once again, started with me falling asleep in class. I’ve done that for the past two class periods and am now walking down the hall, when all at once Mia pulls me to a stop.

“Hey,” she said really excitedly. I gave her a weird look and asked her why she was so excited. “Haven’t you heard? There’s a new guy going to school here, and he is smoking hot.” Mia smiles at me.

“No, Mia, I haven’t heard,” I told her.

“But, why not? It’s all over school. Everyone knows about it.”

I just smiled simply and said, “Obviously not everyone knows.”

She laughed jokingly. “Well, yeah, not everyone, because you seem to be falling asleep and not paying attention to anything.” As I was just about to reply to her comment, the bell rang, signaling that it was time to go to class. We linked arms and started walking to our third period. I looked down at my binder to see it was completely the wrong class.

I came to a complete stop, yanking back. “What, what is it?” she asked.

“I grabbed the wrong binder from my locker. So, I’m going to run back down the hall to get the right one and I’ll meet you in class.” I rushed back to my locker. Putting my combination in twice, because the first time I went left right left instead of right left right because I was in such a hurry. Once having the right binder in hand, I quickly shut the locker. I turned to run, but was stopped by something. As I crashed to the ground, I looked up to see the most exotic green eyes I had ever seen. Once he spoke, it was like a melody of its own language. He didn’t seem to have one particular accent to his voice.

“Are you alright?” he asked. It didn’t seem that he made a big deal over the scattered papers across the floor as I did.

“Oh, um, yeah,” I said as I pushed my hair behind my ears. I moved to my knees and started picking up papers and books.

“Here, let me help you with that,” he said, kneeling down to help me.

“Thanks,” I replied, continuing to collect the scattered papers. I looked up to notice he had a spider bite lip piercing. His hair was a jet black that reminded me of Mattie’s. I could tell that the tension was growing, so I blurted out, “You’re the new guy, right?”

He huffed out a smile and nodded, handing me a pile of paper. “Yeah, I suppose you could say that.”

I stood up at once as he slowly stood up in front of me. I looked at him from head to toe. Overall, he had jet black hair, green eyes with a hint of yellow, and dressed in a blue button down shirt and black pants.

I may have looked stupid at this point looking at him the way I was, but Mia was right he was HOT!

I wanted to slap myself for the next thing I did. I smiled and held out my hand. "Hi."

"Hello. What are you doing in the hall by yourself. you know some times its not safe."

"And others?" I asked before I could stop.

"It's a wonder. You know? As to what could happen in the halls of a high school with two people. But then again it can suck because then you have teachers like that-" He point behind me. "-coming to give us time after school."

"Will you two like to tell me what in the world you are doing outside of class? Do you have passes?"

"No sir we don't. I walked into her not meaning to by all means and she lost all of her belonging so I stopped to help her grab them but we are on our way to class right now." I looked over my shoulder to see that he was smilling.

"I'll see both of you after school today at four. Thank you." And with that the teacher walked away.

"What?" I asked. I couldnt stay after school. I mean what if something happened? I couldn't do this. 

"You heard me today at four." The teacher said once more before walking away. "Now get to class before it is two hours after school." 

"Well this is going to go over real well with my father." 

i looked to him. "First day and you get to stay after school because i dropped all my things. I am so so sorry." 

"No its okay. It will give me more time to get to know you bettter." He smiled at me. I smiled back at him. He was cute. And Mia was right. 

"I guessthat i will see you then. Its not like we have a choose to go or not." I started walking away. 

"Wait." He pulled me back. "Do i get a name?" 

I smiled again. "Well that there might just have to wait tell four o' clock." I walked to my class without looking back at him.

I texted Mia once I was in my seat in class. I told her that i had just meant the new guy and that we were going to have to stay after school because we got cought in the halls by Mr. Landman. I tried not to laugh out loud when she texted back after a few minutes. 

See I told you he was hot!!! but the thing is is that I'm not happen that it was you and not me. Anyways meet me after class I want DETILS! 

As much as i loved her, her spelling wasnt the best. But it was okay when it was in text. 

I never known what the lessen was in class today because I didnt listen to what the teacher had to say. 

I moved out of the class room as fast as the bell would let me. I ran down the hall to my locker just to see not Mia but the boy standing there. I was hopping I wouldnt see him tell after school so that way i got to like on my school work and not him. This was going to be a long day indeed. 

"Hello." I said as I was wihtin hearing. 

"Hello. How was your class?" I know that add some point he was going to learn my name but why not play hard to get with him learning it?

"It was good. All though I'm sure that I do not know anything about what we learned today in class." I know that he was going to ask why. I could tell in his eyes.

That wasnt his question after all.

"Ah, but i did learn something in my class today." 

"And what was that?" I asked.

"That a beautiful young lady as yourself is going to be in my class with Mr. Belloteen."

I smiled at the thought. This was going to be fun. 

I turned as Mia ran to me. When she got a look over my shoulder shee stopped. "Damn I forgot my note book in the room. Be right back." She them mouthed a 'sorry'  to me and ran the other way. 

I looked back to him a smiled. Though he took a few steps forward. "Well then I guess we should be getting to class now." 

We walked into class together and as we did everyone looked at us. 

I looked over to Mr. Belloteen. 

"Miss. McLondon I need a word with you." I was sarced to know what he wanted to talk about.

"Yes?" 

"I see that you have meant Nioka Blake." 

"I didnt know that it was his name but thank you. And yes I have. I have after school with him today because of the fact that we were late to class." 

"So you wont be here after school for your lesson?"

"No i wont. Well not tell 5." I forgot all about my first lesson."

"Very well go seat down. I'll see you at five."

I smiled and walked to my seat. I now know his name. Nioka. 'Nioka' I have have heard that name before but were?