Chapter 4

"Doctor, isn't there anythin' you can do to speed up the healin' process?" I hear a familiar voice worriedly ask. 

"No, the bone will have to heal on its own," a female responds. 

"But what 'bout her classes?" The male asks again and I just can't seem to place the voice. 

"She will not be able to go to them. It's as simple as that." the female voice sternly tells him. 

I finally have the energy to slowly open my eyes, and upon seeing Elvis standing at the foot of my bed I realize that the voice was his.

"E-E-Elvis?" I manage to mumble. In an instant, he is right beside me.

"What is it baby?" He asks, his eyes searching mine.

"Wha-what happened?" I ask, confused.

"You got hit in the face with a volleyball and fell and broke your wrist," he looks alarmed at the sudden tears in my eyes. "It's okay, it's okay," he adds to try and calm me down.

"What about my classes?" I cry, worried about failing out.

"Well, you're excused from them until your wrist heals," the doctor tells me.

"When will that be?" I fret.

"Six weeks." That's all it takes for me to start bawling.

"I'm gonna fail college!!" I wail.

"No you ain't. I'll help you. It'll be fine," Elvis assures me.

"I am NOT skipping class. I'm going whether I can or not," I say, determined.

********************

The next six weeks pass slowly. I struggled carrying around all my books and needed supplies, but it was worth it to not fall behind in my studies. It takes a lot to keep up with the courses that are required for a PharmD. 

At first, it was difficult trying to get dressed and showered with a cast up my arm. But with Elvis's help, we figured out the best method possible, and it that meant we got to shower together, much to his delight.

I went to my last doctor's appointment solo because Elvis had class, and she said that I was clear to set up a cast removal appointment. Now that the day has come, I'm going to surprise Elvis with a fresh wrist and a night of much needed devil's tango

I get into the lingerie Codi and I bought the week prior and watch a Netflix show until Elvis returns from Thomas's room. I check the time, and with it reading three o'clock, he should be getting back soon. The butterflies that have finally settled in my stomach intensify as I hear him insert the key into the doorknob. I quickly shut the TV off and get into a sexy position. 

He steps into the room and his eyes grow wide when he sees my mostly naked self sprawled out on the bed. He slowly steps forward like a predator stalking its prey. I can see the hunger in his eyes and my body begins to heat up.

"You like?" I teasingly ask and I swear I see him drool.

"You didn't tell me you were gettin' the cast off today. I would've, uh, prepared a lil more for tonight if I had," he responds as he looms over me.