"Yeah, I know. There's nothing a good hunk of cookie dough can't make better eh?"

She's right about that. I still hurt like hell after what Faith did to me, but eating this makes it feel less horrible. Instead of the deep, gnawing black hole running through me every second, it feels a little bit like a bad skin rash that didn't stop at the skin. Well, at least I feel better... I guess.

"It's gonna go straight to my thighs, but I think I put enough pounds on by eating this almost non-stop during my recovery, against doctor's orders, so I don't think it really matters all that much."

This is good. She's probably the one person who won't make me talk about something I don't want to. Candy doesn't like to talk about Faith with me and she's pretty much had her entire future decided for her already because of who she is. It's perfect.

"How's that going anyway? Are you still feeling a hundred percent?"

She shrugs.

"I'm okay for the most part. I get kinda nauseous whenever I train sometimes, but the doctors say that'll fade eventually."

There's a moment where she pauses.

"I kinda wish the demon had managed to survive long enough for me to get back out there and kick its ass though. Would've been nice to put my fists to it and make it pay for what it did to Carmen."

She wishes I hadn't gone and gotten the demon killed.

"Right... sorry..."

I take another bite of my cookie dough when a kind of uncomfortable silence falls over us.

"Sorry... that wasn't what I meant to say. I'm glad the demon's dead. It deserved it for what it did to Carmen, and what it tried to do to me. But... sometimes I wish we could've tied it up and tortured it for a couple weeks or something... would make me feel a lot better. I'm sure Buffy and Faith would say that's 'the wrong thing to do' though."

The sound of her name makes me kinda squeeze the tube in my hand a fair bit.

"Yeah well, can't do anything about it now. Probably best to just forget about it and be thankful that the damn thing can't hurt anyone else."

Candy looks at me for a bit and then takes a bite of her cookie dough after responding.

"I guess..."

Neither of us says anything for a while and we just enjoy the slightly uncomfortable silence between us.

Okay, so maybe coming to see Candy wasn't as good an idea as I thought. It's only making me feel a little bit better.

"So... how's Faith?"

Looking up at my best friend, the sudden mention of my slayer girlfriend makes me wanna knock Candy into next week.

"I mean... sorry... bad question, I... I was trying to say, how's things with Faith? I heard from some of the other girls that you guys had a fight a couple days ago. You okay?"

And suddenly that little bit of good, disappears.

"I... I don't wanna talk about it."

"Right... sorry..."

Just when I start to think that's gonna be the end of it...

"Well, if it helps, as much as I respect all the things that Faith has done and how she saved my life and everything, I think she's being a total bitch and an idiot for doing this to you."

Okay... that makes me feel almost good.

"Thanks..."

"Why the hell is she doing it anyway? I'm not exactly clear on the details."