41. "Show me how much you've missed me"

Start from the beginning

I swear his bed is so much comfier than mine.

Unlocking his iPad, I tap on the Netflix app and select the first lighthearted-looking series I can find. I prop the iPad up on the bedside table and hope that watching Spongebob Squarepants is enough to distract my mind.

It isn't, I discover, so I take my phone and type out a message to Brad, just to see if he's awake.

Are you up?

I am now-_- he replies a minute or so later. Oops.

Sorry

I don't mind :) what's up?

Nothing, I just had sleep paralysis and now I can't get back to sleep

I don't receive another message back from him but he calls my phone instead. I answer, turning the volume on the iPad down a little.

"Hey"

"Hey" he replies, his voice a little croaky from having just woken up, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah" I sigh, "I don't really wanna talk about it, I'm still a bit freaked out" I add honestly.

"Are you doing anything to take your mind off it?" he asks, thankfully not probing the topic any further.

"Yeah, I'm watching Spongebob on your iPad" I explain.

"My iPad?" he chuckles lightly, "why are you watching it on my iPad?"

"Because I'm in your room" I say a little hesitantly, biting my lip. Saying it out loud makes it sound sad.

"And why are you in my room?" he asks, the smirk clear in his voice.

"Because I didn't want to keep Gemma awake"

"Sure" He titters.

"Plus your bed is comfier than mine" I tell him. "and so is your t-shirt..."

"Really?"

"Is that weird?" I frown.

"Weird? Are you joking? You're in my room, in my bed, in my t-shirt and I'm in another fucking country" he scoffs, "I don't find it weird, I find it a turn-on"

I'm about to reply when I hear a distant, murmuring voice coming from the other end of the phone.

"What?" I hear Brad say to the unknown person.

"Don't you dare start having phone sex with me lied a few metres away" I hear the voice say more clearly now, making me laugh. Poor Connor.

"Sorry mate, I didn't know you were awake" Brad chuckles, "give me a sec" he says to me, before I hear movement for a few long moments, before Brad's voice is heard in the receiver again, "Okay, I'm out of his way in the other room, where were we?"

"You were telling me about how much you missed me" I tease.

"I don't remember saying that"

"You pretty much implied it" I argue.

"I think I implied more that I missed your body"

"Well, we all know that you're not with me for my personality" I half-joke.

"Obviously," he says, the grin obvious in his voice, "just your boobs"

"Jokes on you, I don't have any" I mutter, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, the things I would do if your boobs were in front of me right now..." I hear him muse, totally ignoring me.

"You're boring me now" I retort, teasing him, "Spongebob is calling to me"