Chapter 11

Knock.Knock.

" Maribelle we better be going," Adrian persistently banged on my door. I was almost done getting dressed for the party. I decided to wear a deep, fitting red dress. Claudius was right I might as well make the most of the rest of my life; why not go wild for one night? 

" Okay I'm ready," I opened the door and my jaw almost dropped. 

He looked breath taking and model like. Dressed all in black he was sure to take every girls breath away. His dress shirt greatly accented his muscles while his hair look down right dangerous. His cologne was intoxicating and I felt as if I could get high from it. Control yourself, Maribelle, keep it together.

I looked up at him and noticed he kept ogling at my outfit. He probably doesn't approve but I don't care because tonight it's not about him but instead to have fun while trying to catch a demon at the same time; we'll manage, somehow.

" Let's go Adrian".

He cleared his throat and motioned for me to walk ahead of him.

" oh god, kill me...."

" what was that?" I turned my head back at him and wondered what he said. He looked at me with deer in a headlight eyes.

" Nothing."

**********************

The music vibrated throughout the neighborhood as we pulled up to the house. People were scattered everywhere, dancing, making out, and being outright stupid. 

" Can you believe this isn't half the people that were invited. There's still more to come," Adrian commented .

We entered and were engulfed by the mass of people dancing. I noticed Ian dancing with a group of guys and gave me a wink while mouthing ' I'm getting lucky tonight'

" I think we should split up and maybe do a once over of the house and meet back at the kitchen?" I proposed to Adrian.

" Yeah sounds good," though his face said other wise," if you need me just yell for me, I'll be able to hear you immediately."

I nodded and headed off in a different direction. The mansion held a dozen rooms all filled with people inside of them. More than once did I walk into people doing things I'd rather I hadn't seen.  I made my way through the balcony over looking the massive living room filled with grinding and hyper teens. I was about to look away when I spotted Adrian. Mackenzie slithered her hands all over his chest and pushed herself against him. Exactly what I wanted to see, just great. I walked away before he noticed me watching  and went to the kitchen, though I doubted he'd come any time soon seeing since he was with Mackenzie . I need something to drink, I need to divert my mind from him. I found an unopened can of beer and took a sip , that'll do for now.

" Excuse me but have you seen my phone?"

I turned around and noticed a cute boy  with brown hair and green eyes. Just what I needed.

" I'm sorry but I didn't ."

He smiled showing dimples," it's okay I have my phone right here, I just wanted to talk to you, if that's alright?"

I put on my best smile and began to flirt.

" Not a problem at all."

" Good," he winked.

I moved closer to him and snaked my hand up his shoulder. He was really cute up close . We talked though I don't recall of what and found myself on top of the island with him in front of me, hands beside my legs.