Aftermath

Jeff walked beside Nick and Hayden towards a large coffin in the middle of the church. Hayden just shook his head in shock. He still hadn't quite grasped what had happened a few days ago.

The paramedics had shown up seconds after that second shot rang out in their ears. Jeff watched numbly as Hayden darted in the house in search of his boyfriend. He had emerged when the paramedics showed up carrying a very bloody Jasper who was quickly taken away on a stretcher. Jeff was also escorted into an ambulance as his cuts had began bleeding heavily again. Nick and Hayden drove quickly to the hospital after their two boyfriends.

Jeff had been fine. He told the doctors the truth about what happened. He told them everything. He told them about all the verbal and physical abuse from Thomas which sent the older man off to jail. Nick was extremely thankful that Jeff had called him when he did or else he might not be alive right now.

Jeff squeezed Hayden's hand reassuringly as they made their way up the church aisle until they reached the coffin. It was closed and there were tons of beautiful types of flowers surrounding the table it was on and the floor below. Hayden looked down at it sadly. "No one deserves to die. No matter how cruel and horrible they were."

"You're right." Jeff said sadly. Hayden shook his head and turned his head to the blonde boy next to him.

"You ready to go Angel?"

"Yeah. I just need to do one last thing." Jasper grabbed onto Hayden's hand as he took a deep breath and spit on the coffin that held his father and muttered "Burn in hell dumbass." Hayden Jeff and Nick stared at Jasper. "Now I'm ready." Jasper sat down in his wheelchair and Hayden wheeled him down the aisle with Nick and Jeff trailing behind.

Niff smiled at each other fondly. "I love you so much." Nick told his boyfriend. "I'm so glad you're alive and well."

"Me too. I'm especially glad that Jazz is okay. I mean he took a bullet right in his thigh! I just can't believe he's still alive."

"I can't believe his own father shot him, or tired to shoot him." Nick shook his head sadly. After Jeff had been checked out at the hospital the boys went to check on Jazz. Hayden had just stopped crying when a doctor came out of Jasper's room and allowed them in. Jasper's upper thigh was heavily bandaged and his arm was in a cast. His blonde hair was stuck to his forehead with sweat and his eyes were closed.

"Jasper!" Hayden began crying again as he ran to his boyfriend who was still asleep. Jasper had become much paler and he had a swollen black eyes. Nick and Jeff stood there awkwardly as Hayden hugged his boyfriend and apologized for not being there for him.

"It's his father's fault though." Jeff told Nick as they passed a funeral card thing with Jasper's dad's name and picture on it. "If he hadn't tried to murder his own son then he'd still be alive."

The boys looked ahead at Jasper and then back at the coffin. "I can't believe Jazz actually spit on the damn thing."

"Yeah. I think it was good for him though." Jeff nodded at Nick.

"And how are you feeling?"

Jeff took in a breath before saying, "My collar bones sore and my stomachs in a lot of pain. I think he did more damage to it then he thought."

The two boys caught up to Hayden and Jasper after a small silence. Jeff put a hand on Hayden's which was pushing his boyfriend's wheelchair. Nick nudged Hayden as a middle aged lady with blonde hair that went to her shoulders in a perfect line stormed up to them. Jeff could instantly see the anger in her eyes and on the rest of her features.

"You!" she shrieked angrily, pointing at Jasper. "You're the reason he's gone! You're the reason he was killed! Why couldn't it have been you? He never did anything to hurt anybody and he was so amazing! It should have been you!"