Chapter 2: Strings of melancholy

Roselina's POV

Roselina's POV

I sat in my room looking out my bay window I sighed and looked around my big room. It was fit for a princess. After all I did live in a huge mansion. It was white with gold trimmings which included my bedding. My closet was filled to the brim with clothes and shoes. A large bath was attached to my bedroom. There was a knock on my door and as if I was a puppet I smiled softly and called a soft come in. My mother opened my door. She was a small woman she was about 5'3 and had long soft brown hair that was shiny. Her voice was soft and melodic perfect for a singer. Her eyes were a pretty brown with gold in them. Little would you suspect she used me like a doll. "Sweetie time for dinner." She says and I smile. "Thank you Mother." I reply taking one last look at the setting sun over the woods and got up swiftly and gracefully. I had long curly black hair, crystal blue eyes, and am 5'5. I loved to wear goth clothes, they are rustic and I feel like they express me perfectly. Unless I am at school I am not allowed to wear these clothes. If I do I get punished. At home I have to wear dresses and frilly things. I don't mind but they are almost always pink. I think pink is distasteful but hey why not. I walk out of my room and down the long hallways. I go down the grand stairs and into the huge receiving room. I go through a large door and through the white carpeted living room and through a smaller door and into the dining room. I take my seat next to my mother who was currently talking to my father about taxes and such. Nothing much to note about my father, he is about 6'2, a very gentle man, he has black wavy hair, and green eyes. His voice is nice and comforts me. He is a caring man and is very sweet to the woman of the family.  We all ate dinner discussing trivial things and matters. My brother is never home anymore always at a girls house. He used to be kind but he just ran away from his problems one day.  

I sigh and set down my fork on my plate. "May I please be excused?" I ask. "Of course dear go and play before it gets too dark just don't be out too late." My father says, knowing exactly where I was going to go. I walked out the large front doors knowing the sun was going down and fast. This was the only freedom I was allowed to have when it came to my own decisions. I walked down the path to the side of the house. The path was a dirt path that lead to a gate to the back of the house going into the woods. I would meet the monsters in the forest. They would never kill me but they kept their distance. I look up to the dying sky it was a mix of red, pink, and orange. I enjoyed the sunset, because after that was a sky full of stars with a beautiful moon. I sighed contentedly as I was now walking through the gate. Hearing the old hinges creak was music to my ears. I smile happily being freed from the strings that hold me at that house. I was free to do what I want out here. I walk through the forest bleak light going through, but I knew the grounds like the back of my hand. 

I giggle at the analogy my voice ringing out in the silent forest. No wild life lives here so I wont disturb anything with my peal of laughter. I dance through the trees happy to be in the forest. It was my happy place. I could not spot any monsters they are probably in the deeper parts of the woods or aren't out yet after all it was still light out. I wandered even deeper the sun setting lower behind me. I was all alone in my happy place free to live. I began to sing a song I had heard from my distant memories long ago. 

"A paper crown, and a heart made of glass a tattered gown, and her kingdom of ash. She walks alone, can never look back. The story of a queen who's castle has fallen to the sea. She'll make it out but she's never the same. She's looking down a the scars that remain. But you hold your ground, though your kingdoms in flames. Cause it's the story of a queen who's castle has fallen to the sea. " I stop hearing a light rustle in the distance. I smile and stop walking and move to the bushes I heard it coming from. I silently walk over behind the bushes and see Jeff crouched down knife in hand. I jump on his back and hug him from behind. "Jeffy!!!!" I exclaim. "Hey get off me!" He says trying to pull me off. "Never." I say happily. He sighs standing up. "Maybe I should just tickle you then." He says and I immediately jump off with a giggle.  "Fine." I say and sigh. 

We had been friends ever since I was small. Jeff was always watching me. He took care of me when my parents didn't. He would except me when other kids were cruel. He wasn't the only one to do this for me. All of them did, the Creepypastas I mean. They are the true ones who raised me. They always cut the strings that held me captive. 

He takes my warm hand and places it in his cold one. We start walking in silence. I know he is taking me back to the mansion. The mansion always filled with the bitter strings of melancholy. It would remind me of there pasts and of my own. They live there together like a big family. Each of them happy or just here for the benefits of not getting caught.  Jane always reminded me of my real mother. I had always known I was left on their door and was taken in by rich strangers. 

AS we walked through the woods I felt happy. I wasn't even scared I was holding the hand of a serial killer because one way or another I love him. I always feel safe around him. He cuts my strings free. My bitter strings of melancholy.