"I can't sing . I'm not talented like y'all and-"

"Girl shutup with that lying . Listen baby I heard you sing before and your voice is beautiful and you need to be heard ." I bit my lip thinking.

"I'm scared.." he put his hand on my thigh.

"Just try it once, and if you don't like it I won't bring it up again." Now we know he's lying but I guess he was tryna get me to go so why the hell not?

"Alright fine. When we doing this?" He beamed.

"Foreal?" I nodded.

"No like Foreal?"

"Corey Ima slap you ." He leaned over and kissed me.

"I can't wait to tell D he gon have the tracks ready and maybe we can do a song together or maybe-"

"Babe?" He stopped babbling and looked at me. He has the same tendency I do. Babble when he's excited or nervous.

"Huh? Sorry." I shook my head laughing at him.

"When you wanna do this?" He shrugged.

"How you don't know?"

"I honestly wasn't expecting to get this far. But I guess I was wrong. We can do a trial run right now that way if it's successful bro can work on some beats for you." I nodded .

"I hope it's successful."

"It will be successful. " he said putting his index finger under my chin. I smiled a little but couldn't help but be nervous.

"So that's where we going?" He nodded cranking up the car and pulling off.

___

"I knew your lil ass would come !" Dillyn said as we walked in the studio and I cut my eyes.

"Why my height gotta be brought into this ?" He laughed and put his hands up in surrender.

" Where Typh?"

"She's on her way, she was meeting with her professor." I nodded looking around the studio.

"So what you wanna do sis? Sing a cover or make your own? " I shrugged.

"I can do a cover for now ." He nodded .

"We just gotta find the right song that you can fit into our voice. And we could switch it up putting your own style on it and see how it goes ." He explained and I nodded . Typh walked in plopping on the sofa .

"Damn ain't no hey bae kiss or nothing huh? " she smiled getting up and giving Dillyn a kiss and sat back down.

"Sorry guys I just had a unnecessary meeting with my professor."

"What happened." Corey asked sitting down pulling me on his lap.

"So he was pressing me about an assignment I know I did . And then when he was rambling grading papers guess what he finds? My assignment. So I wasted about 20 minutes I can't get back."