"It wouldn't be that bad being your brother, would it?"

"Half-brother. I can't believe he even moved in to our house yesterday," he complained. "He has the money to rent his own apartment or go to a five star hotel or something."

"He's your brother, so just bear with it," I said with a smile. "You would obviously miss him if he's gone somewhere far away."

I did miss Henry when he left three years ago. He told me that he will be coming back soon, but I never knew that his meaning of soon is three years after.

"It's different," he muttered with closed eyes. He leaned on the corner of my chair and I suspect that he made the volume of his music louder cause I can completely hear it while his headphones are on.

I stared at the streets as we passed by the unfamiliar roads. We were on a highway to some mountain. I didn't know the details about the trip, so I just brought a change of undies and clothes that's only for a day's use.

The other brought a bag as big as a trolley so I had doubts that we will be staying for the day only. I didn't even bring any books or my iPod.

Hopefully it wouldn't rain, I thought as I stared at the greying clouds. I didn't bring my iPod with me so I don't think I can handle the thunderstorms.

I sighed. The bus drove into a hump and the whole vehicle starting shaking wildly. I felt something bump on my shoulder and looked to the my side. Allen was sleeping peacefully against my shoulder.

It was like the day he stayed overnight in my house.

I saw Heather snickering and Paul had a large smirk on his face. My best friend puckered her lips and mocked a smooching sound. I scrunched my nose at her, she's seriously weird all the time. Not sometimes.

Paul looked at Allen then to me then back to his friend. He saw me staring at him when he pointed to his ear then to Allen. I raised a brow at him, it's not like he's not allowed to speak right?

"Lower down the volume," he instructed softly, pointing to Allen's hand where his iPod was.

I nodded in answer and reached for his hand that was resting on his lap. His iPod was enclasped between his both hands. I slowly pulled the other one away and slowly placed it down his thigh.

"I never thought you will take advantage of a sleeping man," a voice snickered.

I jumped in shock and turned to Allen - his eyes were still closed but there was a faint smirk that wasn't there a while ago. I frowned and smacked him on the chest lightly. "You're so weird."

"Says the woman who takes advantage of a poor sleeping guy," he retorted, opening his eyes slowly, adjusting themselves to the light. I raised my hand to punch him on the arm but he caught it with ease. "Now, now, no need to be aggressive."

I flushed when a few eyes turned to our direction. Delilah scowled at me and her grey eyes bore into mine. Her eyes were shining with envy. Allen did mention that they were not together, anymore.

"Don't mind her," Allen whispered to my ear as he leaned in closer. "Smile and act as if you're having fun, she'll give up sooner."

I frowned at him, doubting his words. I forced a smile to my face and replied with gritted teeth, "I don't think she'll believe this act though."

"Trust me, she will." he replied calmly with a smile on his face. I faintly nodded in answer and continued to smile at him. Allen suddenly pulled me closer to him by the neck. "She'll definitely not see through my act, but she will see through yours," he teased, ruffling my hair with his other hand.

I huffed and scowled at him. I shrugged his arm off and scooted closer to the window and away from Allen.

"I'm telling the truth so don't get angry," he said in a whining voice. I ignored him and he started poking me on the arm continuously. "Cloudy," he whined. "Don't ignore me, I know I'm hard to resist."

He continued poking me and I continued to ignore him. I saw Delilah snicker from the front and returned back to her own business. "Told ya," Allen commented with a smirk on his face.

"Stop bugging mms and go back to sleep. I prefer you being quiet that talking all day," I grumbled.

He stared at me for a few seconds before shrugging. "Suit yourself," he said. He suddenly leaned down to my shoulder and rubbed his head against it like a little dog, his hair tickling my neck. "But I'm resting my head on your shoulder, I don't care if Delilah gives you the look or whatever."

I rolled my eyes at him before staring back into the window. Heather and Paul's snickering reflected against the glass window. The two of them were imitating us, Heather leaning against Paul's shoulder and the guy staring at the window mockingly.

They could seriously look like a couple if they're like that. I never imagined them being together though, just imagine what their children would be like if you combined all their hyper-ness and foolishness.

The bus suddenly swerved to the side roughly when there was a scream. I suspect it was from one of the girls right in front. They were playing a horror movie in their cellphone.

Watching horror movies in the middle of a drive isn't good.

Allen's head started sliding off my shoulder. I immediately caught it with my hand and gently pushed him back up. He groaned something and scooted closer to me, trying to get a more comfortable position.

He muttered a girl's name in a muffled voice. I shook my head, thinking that I was just hallucinating with him sleep talking. Maybe it was the name of his girlfriend or something.

He confessed to you while having a girlfriend? Smart move, asshole.

"Schuyler," he mumbled. I flushed when I realized that he was calling my name. "Don't leave."

I cooed to his ear and caressed his hair gently. "Shhh, I'm not leaving." I replied to the sleeping Allen. I knew that he wouldn't really hear me but I just felt like saying it.

"Mmm." he muffled and a faint smile started forming on his lips - not the usual smirk on his fake innocent smile, this time he looks so cute and angelic with the way he smiles.

Wait.

Did I just call him cute?

And angelic?

What was happening to me? Maybe some ghost obsessed with him just possessed me. I gaped at the thought. Was there someone here with me? I felt a chill down my spine.

I immediately shook the thought away.

He was not cute, he's handsome. Honestly.

He's not an angel...

He was Satan himself.

He's a handsome devil, my subconscious mind thought.

*

Ok this is short. I know. But I somewhat cut this chapter into half. The first will be the travel portion and the next half will be the trip itself with all the activities and dramas.

I was writing this in the middle of the night last night so bear with errors and please do mention them also.

And for Kaito and Allen's relationship - let's clear things up and say that he's his half brother since they both have the same father. Kaito's mother took Allen in the house and treated him as her own so and blah!

Comments?

Votes?

Fan?

Errors?

Share this story XD

Love lots,
alexie elizabeth

06.10.14